• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton's Texas Press Conference

I'm still a little confused ... Hamilton's relapse happened months ago. I still not sure how it hurt the team or his teammates.

I'm guessing that the front office saw this as a possible way out of his contract. So Arte and the boys leaked out personal info and braced themselves for a possible suspension. When the plan backfired .,, they were appalled by the decision and then put on their other face and claimed they were going to help Josh. Then schemed a comeback plan for a return for Josh and then leaked a lie that Josh refused to report to Arizona to appease the fans.

I love my Angels but not a fan of Mr. Moreno. I'm also not a fan of Josh Hamilton but I certainly wish him no ill will.

Josh looking very healthy in that pic for a drug addict. The druggies I see on the street appear different to me.

Well its not like he's doing coke every day. He just slips up every once in a while. Its not hard to spend the day cleaning up so he looked as good as possible for a press conference.

Honestly that stupid grin of his just makes me want to punch him in the face.

The Rangers GM was on Mike and Mike this morning. He said that he and Dipoto first discussed a possible deal during the off season, talks intensified recently and the deal was done. He went on to say that he believes that the Angels are being unfairly blamed for things that they did or didn't do. He said, "Ultimately Josh is responsible for his own behavior."

At least *someone* is standing up for the Angels.

is the argument that we could have gotten more for hamilton if the Angels had pretended that they still wanted him?  

First of all, Josh had a no trade clause so the only team we could have conceivably traded him to is Texas.  Which we did.

Secondly, he relapsed and regardless of how it leaked, it was going to leak by someone at some point.  Even if it didn't leak to the media, every other team would have known about it.  Hell, most of the teams probably knew before the league office did.  

So, from the second it was known, he was a multiple offense recovering addict who had just relapsed. He was owed 90 million dollar over the next three years,  and was recovering from surgery, he had significantly under performed in his last two seasons, and his personal life is a wreck.  Oh, and the no trade clause. 

Yah, I am sure if the halos had thrown him a little more support, teams would have been lining up.  

Well its not like he's doing coke every day. He just slips up every once in a while. Its not hard to spend the day cleaning up so he looked as good as possible for a press conference.

Honestly that stupid grin of his just makes me want to punch him in the face.

Wtf he doesn't do coke everyday ? What kind of drug addict is this guy. He sure doesn't seem very committed to drugs. His motivation is severely lacking in this department.

Wtf he doesn't do coke everyday ? What kind of drug addict is this guy. He sure doesn't seem very committed to drugs. His motivation is severely lacking in this department.

I guess he just loves money a bees dick more than he does cocaine.  

Edited by Dochalo

I keep hearing that the angels leaked this to the press. Is that true or just speculation?

It's complete speculation.  

Who knows how the press found out.  The team?  MLB insiders?  Josh's wife (we now know a divorce was in the works)?  People for the Real Housewives show?  No one knows for sure.

"I have no clue what he's talking about. ...He knew what the deal was when he signed me." And then he hid behind the Joint Drug Agreement.

Worst statement ever - no accountability - basically he was saying " Arte knew I was a drug addict so it was inevitable that I would relapse I couldn't help it ...." Awful

"you wouldn't see another significant free agent sign with the Angels while Arte was around".

Really? How many contracts has Arte tried to void in his tenure? Arte's bucks spend just as good as any other owner. They'll sign because Arte has money, SoCal is a nice place to play and the Angels are competitive.

the only free agents this situation will deter are more drug addicts that have no personal accountability - fine by me

Hamilton can be a prick at times, but I think he's being unfairly vilified in this case. His relapse isn't the crux of the issue. He was shitty with the Angels, got injured, became kind of indignant like he did in Texas and Moreno was hoping the relapse would be his Get Out of Jail Free card. I'm sure a tiny bit of Moreno felt betrayed, but I think CJ Wilson was probably right when he said that the discussion would have been different had Hamilton been a productive player. As far as accountability goes, what was Hamilton supposed to do after relapsing? Beg MLB to suspend him? We don't know really know what went on behind closed doors but all his Angel teammates seem to like him so he probably isn't as evil as people think. 

I think it would have been fun to ask Josh a few questions at the press conference.

I would like to know if he really likes going to strip clubs or if it's just that he knows it's a place to score some blow.

like the chicken or the egg right?

what would you ask him?

"Josh, in regards to the head and shoulders endorsements...were those white dots on your shirt really dandruff, or was it something else?"

Jeff Wilson @JeffWilson_FWST  Â·  2m 2 minutes ago

Josh Hamilton says he hasn't heard Mike Scioscia's comments from Tuesday, has no interest in them, doesn't want to respond to them.

Jeff Wilson @JeffWilson_FWST  Â·  52s 53 seconds ago

Josh Hamilton: "It doesn't matter what he said. I'm not there anymore. I'll try to do my responding the best way on the field against them."

Man, this guy is a real POS

Edited by bloodbrother