• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton's Texas Press Conference

I watched most of the press conference. I personally like Josh and want the best for him but this ticked me off.

When asked what he thought of Moreno's comment that he lacked accountability (re: contract to stay sober) Hamilton said:

"I have no clue what he's talking about. ...He knew what the deal was when he signed me." And then he hid behind the Joint Drug Agreement.

Not cool Josh. No apology, no deference to holding up his end of the deal.  The Angels are paying out all the money and he's not really losing a cent out of his pocket (because of tax issues).

Easily the most regrettable thing he has said since "not a baseball town"

Edited by TroutBaseball

I mean hes kinda right.  Arte and everyone knew about his drug history.  They should have put a clause in there saying his contract can be terminated if he does drugs again, and if they couldnt get that clause, dont sign him.  If anyone should take some accountability here, its the Angels.

I mean hes kinda right.  Arte and everyone knew about his drug history.  They should have put a clause in there saying his contract can be terminated if he does drugs again, and if they couldnt get that clause, dont sign him.  If anyone should take some accountability here, its the Angels.

The JDA supersedes that from what I understand. If Arte truly believed he had language in the contract that would have allowed him to nullify the deal, they wouldn't have taken this route. Pretty sure his lawyers told him he had no recourse. Same deal with the Yankees....they have just chosen to bite the bullet with Rodriguez.

Or...maybe Arte is still going to go after the contract, just doesn't want to do it while Hamilton is part of the Angels. But I imagine if he did, you wouldn't see another significant free agent sign with the Angels while Arte was around.

"you wouldn't see another significant free agent sign with the Angels while Arte was around".

Really?  How many contracts has Arte tried to void in his tenure?  Arte's bucks spend just as good as any other owner.  They'll sign because Arte has money, SoCal is a  nice place to play and the Angels are competitive.

I hope Arte plays no role when it comes to the organization's handling of a player ever again.  Moreno is personally responsible for signing Hamilton and Pujols, two of the worst contracts in baseball history.  He does this against the better judgement of those who actually played the game or have built tams before.  

The only thing that man needs to do is open up his wallet whenever Jerry tells him to. 

Are you stupid?

They are accountable.  They are paying out most of his contract AND had to find a place for him to play that was to his own liking.  ALL the consequences fall on the Angels.

But I imagine if he did, you wouldn't see another significant free agent sign with the Angels while Arte was around.

Of course you're right, look no further than how the Steinbrenner dealings with Harold Spira to purposely destroy Dave Winfield negatively impacted the Yankees' ability to sign FA.....   Nobody EVER signed with the Yankees after that.

Are you stupid?

You should make the question easier, make it multiple choice.

Edited by Inside Pitch

<p>Arte is equally narcissistic and immature, if not more. He just happens to be a billionaire, so of course people will take his side</p> <p> </p>

What? 

Immature? He's paying out of pocket to this unproductive sack of shit that has ZERO humility about the way he's earned those millions of dollars, nor repentive of the contract and drugs he's abused. 

Remember when the Patriots allowed their fans to exchange Hernandez jerseys for a free jersey of another player..

Maybe the Angels should consider that?

Some Angels fans might prefer to have a Trout, Pujols, Richards, Weaver, etc. jersey than a Hamilton jersey...

just a thought

Remember when the Patriots allowed their fans to exchange Hernandez jerseys for a free jersey of another player..

Maybe the Angels should consider that?

Some Angels fans might prefer to have a Trout, Pujols, Richards, Weaver, etc. jersey than a Hamilton jersey...

just a thought

I am one of the biggest Hamilton bashers here, but let's not group him with  a murderer.