• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ad blocking software

red321

Adblocker mysteriously changed it's name to Betafish Ad block or some crap like that...without any notification. Kinda fishy!...what Ad blocking software do people use?

I noticed that. Though with so many adblockers now perhaps it's best that they differentiate. 

Google is doing an interesting experiment with Google Contributor (beta). You pay a monthly fee and essentially "bid" against the advertisers on a given page. If your share of the fee is greater than what the advertiser would pay, you don't see the ad. And the site still gets money.

Yes...watching youtube videos with screen graffiti popping up constantly...or having nice bright flashing click here show up in the middle of the screen...annoying.

Ads put in the corners, or on the top or bottom of the screen that are unobtrusive...fine. 

Google is doing an interesting experiment with Google Contributor (beta). You pay a monthly fee and essentially "bid" against the advertisers on a given page. If your share of the fee is greater than what the advertiser would pay, you don't see the ad. And the site still gets money.

That is interesting...I wonder how much of that money is going to google as well. Though, if I'm putting a certain amount of money out there, I'm not going to want to see any ads and it seems like advertisers will just up their fee, and then people up their fee.

Such a fine line. People should be paid for their work...Chuck and AW should be compensated...but being hammered over the head with ads sucks.

I think an annual subscription fee of $25 wouldn't be bad. I have the ability to turn off "Ads" from showing for paying subscribers too, should they want them eliminated.

I'd consider it. I actually just received an invite for Google Contributor. Do you use Google as your ad provider?

• 3 weeks later...

I do use Google as my ad provider.

Maybe it's an opt-in thing, or maybe your ads just pay really well. Since I started using Contributor, I see fewer ads on some blogs and message boards, but it's been about the same here.