• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time to shake up the lineup

If you haven't noticed, Sosh doesn't shake up the lineup ever.

What are you talking about?

I remember just a couple years ago some of us were dying to have Skip stick with a consistent line up so the guys could get used to playing in the same slot every day.

Only recently, I'd say since signing Pujols, has he started using consistent line ups every day.

What are you talking about?

I remember just a couple years ago some of us were dying to have Skip stick with a consistent line up so the guys could get used to playing in the same slot every day.

Only recently, I'd say since signing Pujols, has he started using consistent line ups every day.

Yeah he moves a guy here and there all the time. He isn't dropping Pujols to 5th or 6th. That's a shake up.

Rotating Aybar and Ianetta isn't a shakeup.

I am sure if we switch guys around into different spots it will make them better hitters.  

LOL.  Maybe we should make them all switch uniform numbers too.  That way the fans will get real confused looking for the bad guys.

I'd start with putting Green in LF and relegating Joyce to lefty bat off the bench like Navarro was.

Then I'd probably move Giavotella to leadoff and move everyone down one spot in the order.

Next I'd promote Carlos Perez and DFA Butera. Is make Carlos Perez our primary catcher until Iannetta starts hitting again and even then I'd still have them split duty.

I'd promote Gary Brown and send Cowgill down. Brown is faster, a better option to pinch run, a better bunter and plays just as good defense. We'd legitimately have a stolen base threat off the bench.

If the Angels aren't going to use Featherston at all, I'd send him back to the Rockies and promote Eric Stamets to be our utility infielder. He's an elite defender at three positions and would be a great pinch runner as well.

With those moves alone right there, the Angels would have a faster, better defensive and better offensive roster. Until they start driving runs in, I'd be using Stamets and Brown very frequently in the middle and late innings in an attempt to manufacture runs.

I'd start with putting Green in LF and relegating Joyce to lefty bat off the bench like Navarro was.

Then I'd probably move Giavotella to leadoff and move everyone down one spot in the order.

Next I'd promote Carlos Perez and DFA Butera. Is make Carlos Perez our primary catcher until Iannetta starts hitting again and even then I'd still have them split duty.

I'd promote Gary Brown and send Cowgill down. Brown is faster, a better option to pinch run, a better bunter and plays just as good defense. We'd legitimately have a stolen base threat off the bench.

If the Angels aren't going to use Featherston at all, I'd send him back to the Rockies and promote Eric Stamets to be our utility infielder. He's an elite defender at three positions and would be a great pinch runner as well.

With those moves alone right there, the Angels would have a faster, better defensive and better offensive roster. Until they start driving runs in, I'd be using Stamets and Brown very frequently in the middle and late innings in an attempt to manufacture runs.

+1

I like what you propose. It's worth a try

I would let team know shake up coming by end of april or next two series if things don't get better...maybe one extra series it next series sees a little wake up on these guys.

he did say though that matt has a long leash.   

Matt Joyce is the new Steve Finley.  We know what he can do, blah blah blah...

I agree with Scott about Iannetta and Joyce. Not only is Iannetta clost at the playe but his defense is horrible. The art of framing s pitch is to subtly move the glove to rhe strike zone not jerk it six inches. With those two hitting together itcreates a huge black hole. Green in left would be much better at the plate and probably the same defensively.

With Hamilton leaving and Joyce flailing, it looks like the team will  have to get a left fielder. This lineup is just missing that final piece or two to put them over the top. Need a big time bat (preferably in left field), a better bench, and depth in the upper minors. 

I don't get the infatuation with Green, Scotty. I was rooting for him to win the job in Spring Training but he's starting to look like a AAAA player. I very much hope I'm wrong but he gets

beat by off speed stuff at the major league level and is basically a singles hitter. What's the point?

Edited by OregonLAA

I don't get the infatuation with Green, Scotty. I was rooting for him to win the job in Spring Training but he's starting to look like a AAAA player. I very much hope I'm wrong but he gets

beat by off speed stuff at the major league level and is basically a singles hitter. What's the point?

Yeah he wasn't very good in Spring at all, you're right about that.  As for the infatuation, I believe it's more a lesser of all evils. Green in extended time hits for solid contact, gets on base and has some pop.  That's infinitely more than what the Angels have gotten from LF so far.  And he isn't terrible defensively out there either.