• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Middle of the order hitters not coming through

With the performance of this team it doesn't matter. Johnny G has gotten on base as much as anyone on the team and he's batting directly in front of Calhoun. These complaints sound silly when the team has a bunch of .200 hitters. Now if we had five or six guys performing I could understand your gripe.

With the performance of this team it doesn't matter. Johnny G has gotten on base as much as anyone on the team and he's batting directly in front of Calhoun. These complaints sound silly when the team has a bunch of .200 hitters. Now if we had five or six guys performing I could understand your gripe.

Trout walks again.  Pujols doesnt come through, again. 

Trout has 6 walks in his last 5 games including today.  Pujols has 2 hits in that span, 2 RBI both of which came last night.  

If only we had a guy who could hit for power and does better with runners on base hitting behind Trout.  Where will we find such a hitter. 

Ideally Calhoun would be the perfect 2-3 hitter, with Trout batting either behind or ahead of him. Unfortunately the Angels have no one else to fill the leadoff role. Giavotella has been good so far, but he is essentially an Aybar type hitter. Not really meant for leadoff. Everyone else completely sucks balls right now.

It really just falls on Pujols not performing. Calhoun and Trout are doing their jobs. Pujols is not.

Ideally Calhoun would be the perfect 2-3 hitter, with Trout batting either behind or ahead of him. Unfortunately the Angels have no one else to fill the leadoff role. Giavotella has been good so far, but he is essentially an Aybar type hitter. Not really meant for leadoff. Everyone else completely sucks balls right now.

It really just falls on Pujols not performing. Calhoun and Trout are doing their jobs. Pujols is not.

Id take anyone else batting leadoff even if they can only manage a .320 OBP.  Its more important that we make pitchers pay for pitching around and walking Trout.  Calhoun is the perfect guy to do that because he crushes right handers and because his numbers are infinitely better with runners on base.  If Trout keeps that .436 OBP and has Calhoun hitting behind him, thats going to result in a ton of runs.  But unfortunately, Stradling and many others will always fail to realize this, and thus blindly defend the manager.

I'm not QM, but here's mine;

Giavotella 2b

Trout cf

Calhoun rf

Freese 3b

Pujols 1b

Cron dh

Aybar ss

iannetta/Butera/someone from AAA/we're screwed here anyway c

Green lf

Flip Green and Giavotella depending on who's hot.

We don't have a prototypical leadoff hitter on the roster, but that's ok.  

Trout walks again.  Pujols doesnt come through, again. 

Trout has 6 walks in his last 5 games including today.  Pujols has 2 hits in that span, 2 RBI both of which came last night.  

If only we had a guy who could hit for power and does better with runners on base hitting behind Trout.  Where will we find such a hitter. 

It's not that I disagree.  Shuffle as much as you want, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  

I'm not QM, but here's mine;

Giavotella 2b

Trout cf

Calhoun rf

Freese 3b

Pujols 1b

Cron dh

Aybar ss

iannetta/Butera/someone from AAA/we're screwed here anyway c

Green lf

Flip Green and Giavotella depending on who's hot.

We don't have a prototypical leadoff hitter on the roster, but that's ok.  

That's an interesting lineup. Definitely thinking outside the box there.

It's even sillier when people finally realizes the leadoff hitter only matters the first inning. One f'n at bat a game is supposedly killing us.

You do realize Calhoun normally bats ahead of Trout. Don't you?