• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam Wainwright expected to miss rest of season (freak injury)

Right.  Once every 3 or 4 games when its actually close enough they have to decide whether to leave the pitcher in or pinch hit for him.  Meanwhile, multiple times every game the pitcher is an easy out and turns a rally into a dud.   Wow, so much strategy...

Hey, don't forget the old double switch.

I would think that they would see it favorably, especially if a roster spot is added to each club so that they can carry a dedicated DH.

That was pretty much the thought, from what the article said. It was mentioned that a DH could mean increased salaries for some players (with the idea that some clubs pay the DH more) and also might help talented older players stay in the game, if they can still hit well. 

I think that interleague play really is showing how confusing it is to have two sets of rules, and that the DH is going to happen in the NL eventually. I can't think that too many pitchers would put up a fuss about not being in the batting lineup anymore.

Yes we should stop the pitchers from doing things that put them at injury risk. Like pitching. If you're too uncoordinated to swing a bat and run to first base then maybe you belong in the OC Miracle League.

exactly

Wainwright has no business being in major league baseball

Doesn't it really come down to why the majority of pitchers are terrible athletes?  Imagine if Trout was actually a pitcher.  He wouldn't get injured by just stepping out of a box.  If pitchers worked out like a real position player and took just as much BP as them, this could usually be avoided.

My other thought is why do all pitchers have the WORST batting stances?  It looks like a kid stepping into a batters box for the first time.