• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam Wainwright expected to miss rest of season (freak injury)

traditionalists will hate it, but they'll get over it.  if we have to change the rules about collisions at the plate because a star catcher got banged up, changing the rules on pitchers hitting because a star pitcher got hurt doing something which isn't even his real job seems logical.

You'll still have occasional moments of humor when teams run out of position players and are forced to put a pitcher out there, but that's pretty rare in the AL as it is.  To the point I can't remember the last time an AL pitcher took the field at a different position; every incident I can think of of this was an NL team.

For the record, I like the DH.

It took me a long time to get around to this - perhaps because of so many years of following National League baseball - but I agree with you. No other player is expected to bat while routinely playing only every fourth or fifth day. Pitchers batting adds nothing to the game, and as we have seen, it can cripple a club when injuries like this occur.

This is going to be a very big blow to the team.  Season started out so well for the team and Waino.  If it is a ruptured achilles, then he's out for the season, at the very least.  There are a few guys in the minors (Gonzalez and Cooney) who can step in, but Waino is almost irreplacable. 

NL is a far superior version of baseball than AL ball.  Disagree all you want, but NL has lots more strategy than AL ball and I find it vastly more exciting.

At this point if I have a star pitcher on my team and im in the NL I tell my pitcher to go up there without a bat and just watch 3 pitches come over the plate, and send him back to the dugout.

If every team did that, they would be embarrassed and change the rule by next year. Problem is, I think a lot of managers like pitchers hitting

This is going to be a very big blow to the team. Season started out so well for the team and Waino. If it is a ruptured achilles, then he's out for the season, at the very least. There are a few guys in the minors (Gonzalez and Cooney) who can step in, but Waino is almost irreplacable.

NL is a far superior version of baseball than AL ball. Disagree all you want, but NL has lots more strategy than AL ball and I find it vastly more exciting.

In a league where offense is dying, you find pitchers hitting more exciting. That's cute. Ever notice how guys go from the AL to NL and just dominate lineups with only 8 real hitters

It took me a long time to get around to this - perhaps because of so many years of following National League baseball - but I agree with you. No other player is expected to bat while routinely playing only every fourth or fifth day. Pitchers batting adds nothing to the game, and as we have seen, it can cripple a club when injuries like this occur.

I agree. It's just a black hole in the lineup and it puts the pitchers at risk. Even more so when you have the interleague games where AL pitchers who generally *never* do this suddenly find themselves having to bat. I much prefer DH.

I was reading something during spring training that posited that the idea of bring the designated hitter is something that is being tossed around MLB right now, and that it is actually something the MLBPA might see favorably. I hope something comes of it.

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/birdland/union-chief-debate-over-dh-in-the-nl-intensifies/article_e067bd20-8242-5fad-8bfd-22a78d36a189.html?mobile_touch=true

This is going to be a very big blow to the team.  Season started out so well for the team and Waino.  If it is a ruptured achilles, then he's out for the season, at the very least.  There are a few guys in the minors (Gonzalez and Cooney) who can step in, but Waino is almost irreplacable. 

NL is a far superior version of baseball than AL ball.  Disagree all you want, but NL has lots more strategy than AL ball and I find it vastly more exciting.

Right.  Once every 3 or 4 games when its actually close enough they have to decide whether to leave the pitcher in or pinch hit for him.  Meanwhile, multiple times every game the pitcher is an easy out and turns a rally into a dud.   Wow, so much strategy...