• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nepal earthquake

did some damage at base camp 1 for climbers going to everest. several climbers are missing.

Google exec already one of the dead there.

Huge tragedy.  The number will probably continue to go higher.  

Pet peeve time.  Why is it when there is an international tragedy, the news invariably says the number of Americans were involved.  2,500 people dead.  Yet the ABC alerts had to point out, including 3 Americans.  It's like if no Americans were involved, it's no longer news.  See most of what is happening in Africa, and the last plane crash.  No Americans involved, we will report it, but we won't cover it.  /endrant

Now back to the tragedy.  Oddest thing I'm seeing about all the news reports.  They have a total dead so far.  But no where have I seen a count of the missing.  Which leads me to believe that the number will continue to go much higher.  Also, aid is coming from Russia, China, India, and other countries right away, but no mention of the US.

Now back to the tragedy. Oddest thing I'm seeing about all the news reports. They have a total dead so far. But no where have I seen a count of the missing. Which leads me to believe that the number will continue to go much higher. Also, aid is coming from Russia, China, India, and other countries right away, but no mention of the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/25/politics/nepal-earthquake-united-states-funding-assistance/

Google exec already one of the dead there.

Huge tragedy. The number will probably continue to go higher.

Pet peeve time. Why is it when there is an international tragedy, the news invariably says the number of Americans were involved. 2,500 people dead. Yet the ABC alerts had to point out, including 3 Americans. It's like if no Americans were involved, it's no longer news. See most of what is happening in Africa, and the last plane crash. No Americans involved, we will report it, but we won't cover it. /endrant

Isn't it possible that they are trying to simply add an element to the story that would be of interest to Americans? I don't think anyone, or the media, believes the loss of life is less tragic because it involves mostly non-Americans. I think they are just pointing out another layer to the story.