• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Miller: Angels' Hamilton decision has emotional baggage

Dipoto has some work to do. Based on what he has done addressing the lack of young pitching, I am interested to see how he solves this problem.  It would be great for the team to keep getting younger and more athletic.

Hamilton may be the best thing to happen in helping to readjust the decision-making in the front office. 

Hamilton may be the best thing to happen in helping to readjust the decision-making in the front office. 

Hopefully Arte has learned his lesson and leaves JD to do what he does best.

No more high cost, long term over the hill signings.

Build the offense with young cost controlled players. Fill in the gaps with low to mid level FA's with short contracts. Same as he has done with the pitching staff.

Offseason addition Matt Joyce has been wildly ineffective and, certainly thanks in part to having no protection behind him, Albert Pujols is off to another creeping start.

Did I read that wrong or is he really saying Albert Pujols is off to a slow start because of having no protection behind him.

Edited by Poozy

What I don't get is since Hamilton is demanding a trade to Texas and pretty much refusing to go to work for the Angels....why make the trade. Assign Hamilton to rehab. If he doesn't go terminate the contract. The union can't defend a guy who refuses to go to work.

What I don't get is since Hamilton is demanding a trade to Texas and pretty much refusing to go to work for the Angels....why make the trade. Assign Hamilton to rehab. If he doesn't go terminate the contract. The union can't defend a guy who refuses to go to work.

I've wondered this myself.  

I also wonder about this, which I found on the Chicago Cubs website:

Disqualified List

If a player violates the terms of his contract, his club may petition MLB to have him place on the disqualified list, allowing the club to replace him on both the 25-man and 40-man rosters. A player on the disqualified list is not paid and does not earn service time.

Offseason addition Matt Joyce has been wildly ineffective and, certainly thanks in part to having no protection behind him, Albert Pujols is off to another creeping start.

Did I read that wrong or is he really saying Albert Pujols is off to a slow start because of having no protection behind him.

erm.. i'm gonna need confirmation cause that is one dumb statement