• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hillary Clinton: ‘Religious beliefs’ against abortion ‘have to be changed’

“Rights have to exist in practice, not just on paper. Laws have to be backed up with resources, and political will,” she said. “Deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs, and structural biases have to be changed.”

So much for the First Amendment...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/hillary-clinton-religious-beliefs-that-oppose-abortion-have-to-be-changed

Edited by fan_since79

She's absolutely right.

So what should she do? Outlaw religions that condemn abortion? She mentioned "resources" and "political will". What does that mean, executive action to jail pastors who speak out from the pulpit against abortion? Of course she wouldn't get away with this, but the intimidation factor is right there in the speech. How about a nice little IRS audit for said pastor or his family? And how dare she infer that government should act to change religious beliefs? You put 2+2 together and that's what she's basically saying.

Stalin, Hitler, and Mao had the resources and political will to handle subversives who went against their will, in religious or other matters.

Edited by fan_since79

So what should she do? Outlaw religions that condemn abortion? She mentioned "resources" and "political will". What does that mean, executive action to jail pastors who speak out from the pulpit against abortion? Of course she wouldn't get away with this, but the intimidation factor is right there in the speech. How about a nice little IRS audit for said pastor or his family? And how dare she infer that government should act to change religious beliefs? You put 2+2 together and that's what she's basically saying.

Stalin, Hitler, and Mao had the resources and political will to handle subversives who went against their will, in religious or other matters.

Hahaha. I'd hate to live where you live. The sky is always falling.

Hahaha. I'd hate to live where you live. The sky is always falling.

Everyone thought Hitler was a great guy until he started to exert his "political will". Anyone who studies history would know tyranny often comes in unnoticed at first.

IRS targeting conservative groups ring a bell? The federal government has been marginalizing our freedoms for decades. Wait until the hate speech laws get passed here targeting religious people who condemn abortion. It's already happened in Canada, where their laws have been used to punish people who speak out against homosexual "rights", among other things.

Edited by fan_since79

Everyone thought Hitler was a great guy until he started to exert his "political will". Anyone who studies history would know tyranny often comes in unnoticed at first.

LOL

Her quote is disturbing and I would love to hear an honest opinion as to how people think she is correct, joking aside.

As far as taxing churches, I don't think that solves this issue at all.  While I think that its time for to have the same freedom of speech rights as most other groups I also think that if you tax churches a lot of the good work that they do, the humanitarian works, will suffer due to loss of income.

I also wonder why other non-profits don't seem to have the same kind of restrictions on their free speech that churches do.

Regardless, I wasn't voting for Clinton anyway but her kind of thinking is what I see as the future of a push against the church in general.

Edited by mtangelsfan