• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Author: No science to back gluten free diets

through my college years, i never knew a single person with peanut allergies. no one in my elementary, high school, or college. zip, zero, nada. in fact, no one even talked about such a thing.

now, you can't swing a dead cat without finding someone with a peanut allergy.

That's because back then all those kids died of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the 1st grade when mom packed them a lunch. Now Mom's pack lunchables instead of spreading some peanut butter on white bread and all of these kids live long enough to be a burden on society. We need to get back to the good old days when Mom's were Mom's and kids were weeded out by natural selection.

That's because back then all those kids died of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the 1st grade when mom packed them a lunch. Now Mom's pack lunchables instead of spreading some peanut butter on white bread and all of these kids live long enough to be a burden on society. We need to get back to the good old days when Mom's were Mom's and kids were weeded out by natural selection.

lunchables?

more like organic milk, a quinoa salad with free range, grass fed, hormone free chicken and some pesticide free baby carrots grown at a local neighborhood co-op farm. 

lunchables?

more like organic milk, a quinoa salad with free range, grass fed, hormone free chicken and some pesticide free baby carrots grown at a local neighborhood co-op farm. 

come to my school cafeteria today (or any day). if you can any kid eating that meal, i'll buy you lunch.

The affording it is not the hard problem, it is fitting into your weekly schedule the time and prep involved with making non processed meals or simply refusing to eat out. I put a refrigerator in my office to reduce the amount of meals I go out to lunch for but I have to keep the habit going of picking up a weeks worth of meals to stock and after a short while I fall out of that regimen and hit the local food courts. It is really tough to break the sugar/salt addiction you get from restaurant/fast food world. Same as a Starbucks addiction.

i think its like others have said, when you drop gluten you stop eating a ton of stuff that is bad for you and you feel better, and not to mention almost everything we buy at the stores is so chock full of preservatives and chemicals and that is why everyone feels bad

i don't have gluten intolerance, but i started eating bread made sprouted grains, gave up sugar for the most part and dropped all processed foods and feel so much better than before

You guys would be blown away by the number or percentage of protein (lettuce wrap) burgers we sell. It is partly due to celiac and partly due to no or low carb diets. When the Atkins diet was all the rage about 10-12 years ago it was one of our biggest percentage up years ever. We have had lettuce wrap burgers since the mid 50's, they use to be called whammies (no idea why).

post-42566-champ-kind-anchorman-whammy-g

Anyone been to the new Dunkin Donuts in Laguna Hills? I went there for breakfast today on my way to In-n-out.

These are things I have to do when my wife is at work.

Dunkin Donuts are the absolute worst Donuts I have ever tasted.  I cannot believe that brand is so popular.

You guys would be blown away by the number or percentage of protein (lettuce wrap) burgers we sell. It is partly due to celiac and partly due to no or low carb diets. When the Atkins diet was all the rage about 10-12 years ago it was one of our biggest percentage up years ever. We have had lettuce wrap burgers since the mid 50's, they use to be called whammies (no idea why).

I rocked the lettuce wraped double double for the first time a few months ago and I'm never going back to the bun.  Soooo much more of the meat/cheese/grilled onion/chilies taste with the lettuce wrap as opposed to the bun.

I rocked the lettuce wraped double double for the first time a few months ago and I'm never going back to the bun.  Soooo much more of the meat/cheese/grilled onion/chilies taste with the lettuce wrap as opposed to the bun.

When I was in Korea, the girls we were with took my buddy and me to a bbq stand after the clubs had closed. They ordered a bottle of soju and some bbq. As my buddy and I sat there shooting the breeze and sipping soju and 7-up, the ladies fed us Korean bbq wrapped in lettuce leaves. A truly great after-club dining experience that I still emulate on occasion. A good lettuce wrap allows you to enjoy more of the flavors of the main ingredients with less filler.

Saw an article today that said that an analysis was done on the stuff that Oz puts out on his show. Something like 55 percent of it was complete bullshit - and he is on the medical faculty at Columbia.

It's hard for his peers as on one hand he makes a mockery of the medical field but on the other is so damn good and milking money from people. They are so conflicted.

You've been listening to Dr. Oz too much. 

Never watched him once.

I had remembered what a friend had mentioned a while ago.  She was complaining about having severe migraines for almost two weeks when someone told her to try cutting gluten out of her diet.  She then claimed her migraines went away shortly after switching to eating gluten-free.  Maybe it was just conincidence, maybe it wasn't, I dont know.  That's the reason I asked.