• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Smith: Angels are unforgiving to Hamilton, an admitted addict

Any Angel fan who has tracked this situation from the beginning should conclude that Hamilton is a total douche. I can give a pass to outsiders who feel Arte and the organization are being overly judgmental, but not any Angel fan who has followed the situation.

I don't think his demons or regression are temporary. He may be in denial about it all, but the Angels are not. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas backs out after they've done a little more digging…[/quote

Doesn't sound like you followed it all that closely. Hamilton is absolutely not in denial about his drug addiction. If anything it's quite the opposite.

No a better anology. The painter is hung over and misses work. You ask him to go back to work but he insists to paint another person's house.

remember the issue is Hamilton refusing to go to Arizona and ask for a trade to Texas. I have no idea why the can't terminate the contact. But it also makes no sense that there was no disciplinary action.

d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how

Here's how I imagine things. Hamilton's marriage hits the skids. Hamilton looks down the bottle of scotch and says )(%^*&%&(  it. He hits the bottle, calls up a supplier he still knows and gets blasted on coke, binges for a bit. He then gets sober enough to realize he's screwed up. Calls his agent. The agent executes the escape plan he has devised knowing this day may or likely would come. He calls the lawyer and their first question to Josh is. When is your next drug test? Josh isn't sure what day it is but figures it's soon. Then here is the conversation. "Legally, we think we can get you out of this under the following loophole. If you self-report your relapse, you can avoid a drug test. Doing so means you have not ACTUALLY failed a drug test. That means, baseball can't punish you. That's the only hope."

"Oh and Josh, let's try to make it look like you're the repentant sinner confessing to the priest of MLB. And don't talk to the Angels."

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this whole, I was weak and had a relapse, but I didn't mean to and came forward out of the goodness of my soul routine. I think it was a staged ploy, and give his team credit, it worked. MLB will make sure it's the last time it works, but it got the MLBPA behind him and got the arbitrator to hit that legal technicality button. 

But I have yet to see any real remorse from Josh. NO ONE has. He's not made any public statements that I've seen. 

"It’s unfortunate that the Angels couldn’t give Hamilton, the player who has proved worthy of second chances, a second chance."

What Martha is ignoring is this is not his second chance, Hamilton burned that years ago. This is just Hamilton repeating the same offense and getting away with it.

I don't understand the "worthy" part.  How has he proved to be worthy?  He's been utterly useless.

I think the part that everyone is missing is the fact that he didn't just break MLB's drug rules, HE BROKE A FEDERAL LAW. Yes, there's no evidence, but he did admit to it. If I walked into a police station and confessed to killing someone and there was no physical evidence, but I had a history of killing people, you think they'd arrest me?

I don't understand the "worthy" part.  How has he proved to be worthy?  He's been utterly useless.

His best performance with us was the opening week of last season, before he dove into first base and tore up his thumb. He was on fire offensively during that week.

Other than that, pretty much nada.

The reality is that if Hamilton was raking the Angels wouldn't have "zero tolerance" about the relapse, they would be trying to get him help, and they would have been praying MLB did not suspend him. However, because his play has been poor they threw him under the bus and looked for any excuse to rid themselves of him. That's the reality and it is incredibly mercenary even for professional sports.

I'm really getting tired of this argument.  Zero tolerance means zero tolerance.  

It is a horrendous article.  Angel fans should root for the Angels not Josh Hamilton.  its one thing to feel bad for the guy, but thats unrelated to pulling for the Angels.  Getting rid of Hamilton is absolutely whats best for the Angels.  This woman's editorial is just about creating hostility towards the club.  Way to balance the scales Ms. Smith.  Your article is trash.

According to the author, "Sympathetic fans have already sided with Hamilton..."

So all of you who don't agree with her are a bunch of unsympathetic douchebags.

This article is the biggest pile of icrap I've read in some time.

Totally agree.