• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Hamilton deal done.

Time and again it feels good to have a contract end for player that is owed tens of millions of dollars that produces nothing. It is even greater when said player is being paid not to play for the Angels. I say to myself, "Glad that is over and frees up some salary. We won't have to worry about something like this for a long time or hopefully never again." When did the Wells contract end? Did the organization even get a year to not pay up for crap like this?

In the end I'm glad Hamilton is gone. They did the right thing. I hope after 2017 if the Angels are going to pay through the nose for a washed up player (hopefully they will be a bit wiser and avoid terrible contacts to begin with), at least let that player some how be wearing the same uniform that he was originally paid to wear.

Effective unions do not allow for low level performance by their members. It reduces their credibility at the barging table.

Effective companies do not allow for incompetence or unethical practices by their managers. It reduces their credibility at the bargaining table.

Unfortunately, these two conditions can only work when there are collaborative and mutually respectful relations between workers and management. For those of us who work for a living, this is our hope.

Exactly. Very well said.

Compare this debacle to the Screen Actors Guild. SAG offers a lot of protections but if an actor doesnt come to set, or shows up drunk or high, you'd better believe they will support termination, and will levy their own fines on top of it. A good union supports their good workers by helping the employer maintain high standards.

In this case, the fact that the Angels had no recourse when Hamilton didn't want to report to AZ training demonstrates all that is wrong with the current CBA and the way the players' union is operating.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

"But I think we did a great job having his back whenever something happened. We're going to support him no matter what happens. We're human beings. We're not perfect. As long as he shows up on the field and plays hard, I'll always support him."

Elvis Andrus must have missed a lot of Angels sessions in the video rooms

I can't disagree wopphil. At some point, a union transforms itself into a bureaucracy more focused on its own survival than the needs of its members.

People need to stop looking at unions as social organizations existing for the benefit of the hard working, middle class employee, and realize they are businesses with their own interests and huge payrolls to support. Jimmy Hoffa Jr. makes $300,000+ per year - that's a lot of union dues.

• 2 months later...