• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

T.V. announcers

this might be the only thread where Charlie Stiener gets an 'outstanding' rating.

I'd put our Victor Rojas up against most of the MLB announcers out there today and he matches up pretty well.

I'd place him in the top tier.

Gubi?  He's OK. an acquired taste and he's our guy now.

If I had to rank the top guys it would be the SF Giants announcing team.....Jon Miller, Dave Flemming (been announcing there almost 10 years now --since he was 25 or something -- he's excellent), Duane Kuiper, Krukow etc.   St. Louis Cardinals always atop the heap.......Dodgers' Scully is great but last year and this year, which may be the last two seasons of his amazing career, he's probably been heard by fewer viewers than ever before as the Dodgers exclusive TV rights deal has 70 percent of the LA market unable to get the games on TV..........and Vin only simecasts the first three innings on radio before turning it over to Stiener and company........Stiener isn't terrible but a lot of other folks sure think so.

Thread almost lost me on the soccer jerseys but i kept going because I wanted to make sure my contribution to worst broadcaster ever wasn't redundant: 

Ted F-ing Leitner. Padres radio PbP guy. If you are trying to follow the game on the radio, good luck. He would rather talk about something unrelated than actually tell you what is going on on the field.

Honorable Mentions: Michael Kay and Paul O'Neill (whose color commentary basically involves relating EVERYTHING to a story about Derek Jeter or Andy Pettitte or some other 90's Yankee has been) Meredith Marakovitz redeems them a little because you can tell she does her research, knows the game and contributes in a way Alex Curry could only dream of doing.

White Sox, Red Sox (their color guy might actually BE Peter Griffin), Kansas City, Nationals

and this doesn't count but you have to mention him: Joe Buck.