• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/20 vs. A's

Lhalo

I know I am the super positive guy on here and I also know I bitch about other people's opinions a lot, but really, with how this team is performing individually, does it really matter where we bat Albert or Joyce? Albert is still our best option to bat third because Trout should bat 2nd. If you want to put the .220 hitter in the four hole instead of the .200 hitter go ahead, but it really isn't going to make a difference until the individuals on the team start to do their jobs.

You're right Strad. Just like it doesn't really matter where in the yard your dog poops. You still have to clean it up.

Than who bats in front of Trout?

Nope, youre right it doesnt matter. And youre also right that Trout needs to hit 2nd, with guys hitting 9th and 1st that can get on base. Thats the recipe for success, and thats how Trout led the league in runs and RBI.

But we need a 3rd hitter who can drive in runs when Trout gets on. If Albert is going for the swing for the fences approach, he needs to be hitting 4th or lower. Ive been saying this all year but Calhoun should be our 3rd hitter. He hits for power, his slugging % is more solid than his OBP, and he would be a much better hitter if were not asking him to work counts and take pitches.

Think about this, Calhouns numbers this year

None on: .591 OPS

Runners on: 1.212 OPS

Last season :

None on : .734 OPS

Runners on : .834 OPS

This is literally a perfect scenario. What more could you ask for from a number 3 hitter? Trout has a high OBP, Calhoun has a high slugging %, and his numbers go way way up with someone on base.

I dont know how many times I have to drill this opinion through peoples heads on this site. But no matter how many times I do, people still wont get it.