• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/20 vs. A's

Lhalo

Aybar has never shown any consistency as a #1 or 2 hitter.

Chuck may be right....Giavotella might be better at 2...Aybar probably fits better at 6....but I still like Trout in the 3 hole...

Edited by DMVol

Can you quit complaining about Pujols batting third. Who is the better option to bat behind Trout?

Might be time to shake up the lineup a bit.

It's not foreordained that Pujols has to bat third every friggin game.

And Matt Joyce as your cleanup hitter? Come on now...

With the exception of the first inning how is that any different than what we already do?

I like how Giavotella works the count. How about this?

Giavotella

Calhoun

Trout

Pujols

Joyce

Freese

Iannetta

Aybar

(Scioscia will not bat Aybar 9th, but that would be my lineup).

With the exception of the first inning how is that any different than what we already do?

fair question, storm, and you're right - after the 1st inning you're basically just ensuring that Gio gets at least one more AB than he has been and possibly taking an AB away from the bottom of the order guys - but otherwise there's no difference.

It's a gamble on Gio getting on base at a good clip, which if he does, you've just increased your RBI opportunities for the 2 or 3 guys on this team who seem to know how to it. 

you're right ;)

for his sake, I was trying to keep it masculine and not call him an awful Angelina Jolie movie from the 90s.

You could go with Johnny since he is the only John on the Angels.

At least while Hamilton is away.

rimshot.gif