• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/19 vs. Astros (Richards Return)

Freese frozen on throw to second????

run scores with two out and no throw at second for force out?

single scored against Richards -- I'd almost be tempted to score that a fielder's choice -- you don't need an out to score a fielder's choice -- let's say Freese made the throw and it was late, guy safe -- scorer could score that a fielder's choice and not a hit.

the fourth run that came across would still be earned, however, no does not make that big a difference on Richards' line/ stats.

Freese frozen on throw to second????

run scores with two out and no throw at second for force out?

single scored against Richards -- I'd almost be tempted to score that a fielder's choice -- you don't need an out to score a fielder's choice -- let's say Freese made the throw and it was late, guy safe -- scorer could score that a fielder's choice and not a hit.

the fourth run that came across would still be earned, however, no does not make that big a difference on Richards' line/ stats.

Neither of the runs is earned. The errant throw by Butera on the third strike ensured that.

Yes sir. I just turned the game on when Freese had the 'non-play' no throw to second on the grounder to third so I missed Butera's errant throw that put the guy on first in the first place.

and just because we're talking scoring here --  let's say Butera didn't make a bad throw but just dropped the third strike and/or it was ruled a passed ball (not wild pitch) and the batter/ runner beats (let's say for sake of argument --- a perfect throw)......would that change the earned run ruling on that --

no E-2 on the throw just a dropped third strike PB.......(with two outs)......I assume pitcher would NOT be charged with an earned run after that -- but perhaps.

Yes sir. I just turned the game on when Freese had the 'non-play' no throw to second on the grounder to third so I missed Butera's errant throw that put the guy on first in the first place.

and just because we're talking scoring here --  let's say Butera didn't make a bad throw but just dropped the third strike and/or it was ruled a passed ball (not wild pitch) and the batter/ runner beats (let's say for sake of argument --- a perfect throw)......would that change the earned run ruling on that --

no E-2 on the throw just a dropped third strike PB.......(with two outs)......I assume pitcher would NOT be charged with an earned run after that -- but perhaps.

It would have been earned because it was scored a WP.

Mark68 -- OK...I didn't see the play --so let's talk just scoring here -- not necessarily related to this play.

in this hypothetical, you have the same situation with two outs but now Richards K's the hitter and he reaches first after the ball is dropped or gets away from Butera (passed ball -- not ruled a wild pitch)...let's say catcher Butera makes a perfect throw to first base but the hitter is someone like Billy Hamilton of the Cincy Reds or eveh Chone Figgins in his prime with us -- a the batter beats the throw............

No E-2.  A strikeout -- a passed ball (with two outs) and next guy rips a base hit that scores a runner.......earned run?

It was the Passed Ball that led to the run but no error charged.......

I think it's unearned........but -- again, no error ruled on this hypo.

Mark68 -- OK...I didn't see the play --so let's talk just scoring here -- not necessarily related to this play.

in this hypothetical, you have the same situation with two outs but now Richards K's the hitter and he reaches first after the ball is dropped or gets away from Butera (passed ball -- not ruled a wild pitch)...let's say catcher Butera makes a perfect throw to first base but the hitter is someone like Billy Hamilton of the Cincy Reds or eveh Chone Figgins in his prime with us -- a the batter beats the throw............

No E-2.  A strikeout -- a passed ball (with two outs) and next guy rips a base hit that scores a runner.......earned run?

It was the Passed Ball that led to the run but no error charged.......

I think it's unearned........but -- again, no error ruled on this hypo.

PB=unearned

the "Lastros' trend by us was really bad TWO years ago when we literally missed making the playoffs because we had a horrendous 4-14 (something like that) record against Houston when the Oakland A's were something like 15-3 against them and Texas 14-4.........that's a 10/11 game swing within the division right there.

last year we actually won the season series.

can't say we're playing well today, though -- Richards performance is a positive -- our D is not.