• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: NHL, players join with You Can Play to fight homophobia in hockey

gotbeer

Is this even a problem?  It's not like it's against the rules to be a gay athlete.  It's not like the color barrier.  The only people holding back gay athletes at least NHLers, if there is that many, is their own insecurity.  I don't think I've heard any NHLers say anything about gay athletes, at least nothing like Torii said.  The NHL is extremely welcoming to all people.  They were the first to integrate the league with black players, and even had a woman in the league, albeit just for one game.  I think if there was an openly gay player, there might be some players who are iffy when it comes to locker room and shower stuff, but it's not like a gay player is going to see a bunch of naked guys and go sex crazed, and start lunging toward his teammate's junk.

Hell, in high school, I had a couple girls on my inline hockey team, and changed in front of them (down to my undies), as well as them in front of us.  It wasn't a big deal.  If high school kids can do it, grown men can.

Not that sexuality has anything to do with whether you're good at sports, or with sports at all.

Anyway, good for the NHL, let's hope it spreads to the rest of the sports world.