• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why the Rangers should trade for Josh Hamilton

Chuck

So would you trade Hamilton straight up for Choo?

I would trade Hamilton straight up for chew - Skoal, Copenhagen, whatever.

Let's move on to the Angels. Owner Arte Moreno, the man who gave Hamilton the five-year $125 million contract when his baseball people were telling him "no,'' can't stand Hamilton now.

For those wanting Dipoto to share the blame for this debacle.

There is no way for The Angels to have a " happy ending" to this saga. If Hamilton does come back the work relationship will be contentious at best. Can he be productive again? Doubtful. Who does he replace on the roster and would he be a step up from Navarro or Cron? Would you rather have Hammy or Cowsill/Joyce in left?

I still don't understand why Hamilton is still rehabbing in Houston where the club has no presence. They don't even know what he has done or where his rehab stands. This really is a worse situation than the Yankees had with ARod.

This is a no win situation.

There is no way for The Angels to have a " happy ending" to this saga. If Hamilton does come back the work relationship will be contentious at best. Can he be productive again? Doubtful. Who does he replace on the roster and would he be a step up from Navarro or Cron? Would you rather have Hammy or Cowsill/Joyce in left?

I still don't understand why Hamilton is still rehabbing in Houston where the club has no presence. They don't even know what he has done or where his rehab stands. This really is a worse situation than the Yankees had with ARod.

This is a no win situation.

Do you really believe the Angels aren't monitoring Hamilton's rehab?

i do. they've made several comments that smell of detachment.

If Arte really wants to get out of Hamilton's contract (which it sounds like he does) he'll have someone watching Hamilton's every move right now looking for anything that can help his case, regardless of wherever Hamilton is doing his rehab or whatever.

A story came out a little while ago about how a team during the draft process a few years back had a guy sit at Justin Blackmon's favorite bar daily to see just how often he'd come in and how long he'd stay. I know it's a different sport but business is business and Arte has 83 million on the line, I'm guessing Arte is very aware of Hamilton's every move right now. I forget which team did this but it obviously wasn't the jags...

Edited by CanadianHalo

If Arte really wants to get out of Hamilton's contract (which it sounds like he does) he'll have someone watching Hamilton's every move right now looking for anything that can help his case, regardless of wherever Hamilton is doing his rehab or whatever.

A story came out a little while ago about how a team during the draft process a few years back had a guy sit at Justin Blackmon's favorite bar daily to see just how often he'd come in and how long he'd stay. I know it's a different sport but business is business and Arte has 83 million on the line, I'm guessing Arte is very aware of Hamilton's every move right now. I forget which team did this but it obviously wasn't the jags...

The time to do this was in 2012, not after the guaranteed contract is signed.  #Arteisabusinessgenius