• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowgill to left full time when Calhoun returns

Joyce/Navarro/Cron can rotate in at DH

Cowgill/Trout/Calhoun is our best option in the outfield

I hope Scioscia doesn't fall in love with another Shea Hillenbrand/Steve finley type veteran

Keep in mind Joyce was traded for to platoon at DH, because of the Hamilton situation and the fact that Calhoun hasn't been playing he has had to play the outfield. I think you know that Scioscia values defense as much as anyone.

Keep in mind Joyce was traded for to platoopn at DH, because of the Hamilton situation and the fact that Calhoun hasn't been playing he has had to play the outfield. I think you know that Scioscia values defense as much as anyone.

i-28c71231ba6ac8b67387b831a9f8a566-mike-

Edited by ScottLux

When the Angels acquired Joyce, I wanted him to DH against RHP (based on his defensive numbers and reputation) and not see much of the outfield.  Being without Hamilton and Calhoun makes it a tougher call, but I saw enough in spring training to want to see Green or Navarro in LF instead of Joyce.  I'm all for being patient when it comes to slow starts with the bat, but his defense has been atrocious.  I doubt Navarro or others could be worse.  

Once Calhoun is healthy, Joyce shouldn't see the outfield.  He probably shouldn't now.  I don't think Cowgill is going to hit much over the long haul, but he'll provide solid defense and may be comparably offensively.  

Edited by ScottT

Bring up Green, and drop Featherston (which means he is gone).  Green is used to playing with these guys, he's a much better hitter, and he is more versatile (plays more positions).  Between Navarro, Green and Cowgill I feel much better than what is happening now.  Joyce can DH with Cron.

Edited by tomsred

No one is bringing up the fact that Cowgill has repeatedly proven incapable of hitting RHP? The idea that Cowgill has demonstrated he should play every day and Joyce hasn't, based on one week, is a little silly. Cowgill is a perfect platoon player, until there's any real evidence to suggest he can hit RHP let's leave it at that.

Keep in mind Joyce was traded for to platoon at DH, because of the Hamilton situation and the fact that Calhoun hasn't been playing he has had to play the outfield. I think you know that Scioscia values defense as much as anyone.

And I guess we don't have anyone better so...?

No one is bringing up the fact that Cowgill has repeatedly proven incapable of hitting RHP? The idea that Cowgill has demonstrated he should play every day and Joyce hasn't, based on one week, is a little silly. Cowgill is a perfect platoon player, until there's any real evidence to suggest he can hit RHP let's leave it at that.

Thank you

Wait until this winter and spend big on Jason Heyward. He'll be 26 next season, so if he inks a 7 year deal, the Angels would be getting him for his age 26-32 seasons.  He plays gold glove level defense, has a high OBP, can hit for some power, steal some bases, is good in the clubhouse.  The Angels would again challenge for the best defensive OF if Heyward was in the corner opposite Calhoun with Trout patrolling the middle.