• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marco Rubio quote

Please study "American History."

Because other peoples of the world have done so much better?

I am honestly confused. Please tell us why the USA is so bad. I am not one whose first inclination is to point the finger at my country/people, so perhaps I am myopic on this.

It's like telling half the story. A more honest quote might be that America is the greatest force the world has seen. This brings both good and bad with it especially in areas that are essentially zero sum and mean the plus on our side becomes the minus for someone else. 

It's not popular on the con side (or on the lib side at the national executive level) to  acknowledge that we might be able to accomplish our goals without stepping on every toe along the way. 

Because other peoples of the world have done so much better?

I am honestly confused. Please tell us why the USA is so bad. I am not one whose first inclination is to point the finger at my country/people, so perhaps I am myopic on this.

I didn't say the US is "so bad," I just think his statement is ridiculous. It is hard to call any nation that has committed near genocide, had concentration camps, and dropped atomic weapons on civilian cities "the greatest force for good the world has ever seen."

Edited by Angelsjunky

"America is the greatest force for good that the world has ever seen."

Dude. Really?

This is a typical liberal democrat view, and one reason why I don't identify with that party. I know they think they're brilliant by saying, "America bad" but It's erroneous IMO.

I think there is a whole lot of middle ground between "America is the greatest force for good that the world has ever seen" and "America is evil and terrible."

Interesting how the conservatives here are having one hell of a time discerning that middle ground.

Interesting how libs think his statement is so radical as if their own candidates don't say the very same kind of things.  Hyperbole is typical campaign speech.  AJ acting like it is some over the top statement is silly.

I think there is a whole lot of middle ground between "America is the greatest force for good that the world has ever seen" and "America is evil and terrible

Interesting how the conservatives here are having one hell of a time discerning that middle ground.

Know doubt the U.S. has made mistakes. It's still the. best country and does the most good. I'm not sure sure why some libs won't stand up for a statement like that.

You cannot limit the "goodness" or "evil" of a nation to what the shitty dems and republicans do. 

We've got a lot of very giving people at all class levels.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/and-the-most-generous-country-in-the-world-is-2014-11-18

Interesting chart.  I do pretty well in helping others and donating $.  Not so much in donating time anymore but think since getting older I am losing the energy.