• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First Week Stat Wrap

Angels offense: offensive, except for Mike Trout

.195/.245/.332

37 hits, last in the AL

Trout: .400/.458/.600

Team ERA: 4.25, 9th in the AL

Salas' ERA: 10.13

Weaver, 8.71 ERA, 1.839 WHIP

Team record 2-4, 1 game back in the AL West

What????? Trout is carrying the team?????

One trick pony.

I know this will probably won't be an issue, but what if Weav's toast, CJ can't prevent the big inning and Santuago can't find consistency? Furthermore, what if Rucinski, Heaney and Tropeano continue to impress in AAA?

I wonder if Dipoto would have the balls to remove Weav and Wilson from the rotati

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

Angels offense: offensive, except for Mike Trout

.195/.245/.332

37 hits, last in the AL

Trout: .400/.458/.600

Team ERA: 4.25, 9th in the AL

Salas' ERA: 10.13

Weaver, 8.71 ERA, 1.839 WHIP

Team record 2-4, 1 game back in the AL West

Add Trout back into the stats and the Angels are second to last in the AL for OPS so your little exercise was kind of stupid, it make very little difference.

Also the AL West is pretty much deadlocked at a 3-3 record so it isn't as though the Angels are being left in the dust.

I know this will probably won't be an issue, but what if Weav's toast, CJ can't prevent the big inning and Santuago can't find consistency? Furthermore, what if Rucinski, Heaney and Tropeano continue to impress in AAA?

I wonder if Dipoto would have the balls to remove Weav and Wilson from the rotate

The average starter puts in 33 games for the season and you want to talk pitching rotation shuffles after 2 starts. I think the herd panic is getting to you.

I wonder if Dipoto would have the balls to remove Weav and Wilson from the rotati

Cute .. but no thanks.

Add Trout back into the stats and the Angels are second to last in the AL for OPS so your little exercise was kind of stupid, it make very little difference.

Also the AL West is pretty much deadlocked at a 3-3 record so it isn't as though the Angels are being left in the dust.

Actually, those team numbers include Trout. They would be much worse if his were removed.

And do you always have to be so bad-tempered? Really now.

Edited by fan_since79

I was thinking the same thing, Scotty. And it isn't about saying the sky is falling, just speculating.

I'm guessing it depends upon how much these guys suck. I can't imagine CJ or Jered being pulled as long as their ERAs are south of 5.00. Even last year CJ's ERA was 4.51 - not good in today's context, but not bad enough to pull from the rotation given his salary. Of course if Trope and Heaney are pitching lights out in AAA and CJ struggles, I wouldn't be surprised to see him transition to the bullpen and return to the role he had with the Rangers back in 2009 and before. Actually, that would make Santiago expendable.

Jered would have to suck even worst to be yanked, not only because he's Jered, but also because he probably has less utility in the bullpen.

Either way, the Angels are probably going to have to make room for Heaney at some point.

Timing is always a problem. When Weaver and Wilson were good Trout was a rookie and Pujols for some reason needed time to adjust. Now Trout is great, Pujols is an above average player while Skaggs gets hurt and Weaver and Wilson are sinking to the abyss. Somewhere in between all that Hamilton went from an MVP type player to completely useless.

Do you always have to so hyperbolic? Sometimes waiting for the season to explain itself is better than taking six games and waving a Stat sheet decrying this means something.

It does mean something. It means our hitters, sans Trout, haven't shown up to work yet.

And have you ever thought of changing your username to Cantankerous Curmudgeon? It would fit better with a lot of your posts.

I've also wondered what it would take to get Weaver and Wilson out of the rotation. Weaver might always be my favorite Angel pitcher, but watching him hurts a little right now. Hopefully they can right the ship but I have zero faith in CJ to do so and am very worried about him hurting our chances at the playoffs

When Wilson was signed I'd predicted he'd be an all-star for 2, middle/backend for 2 and a RP for the 5th year, and right now that looks about right. When you sign FA DP around age 30, you're paying for the first 3years really and accepting the fact that the last one isn't going to be pretty.

I also predicted in Spring that either CJ or Santiago would be dealt by the end of May, but circumstantially I'm not sure that's even on the horizon.

As for Weav, he's always been a favorite, but he looks toast right now. 5th starter if things work out right, a John McDonald of the pitching world if not.

It does mean something. It means our hitters, sans Trout, haven't shown up to work yet.

And have you ever thought of changing your username to Cantankerous Curmudgeon? It would fit better with a lot of your posts.

Once you change yours to Bengazi Benny.

Adrian Gonzalez has an OPS over 2.000. That makes perfect sense because his previous three years with the Dodgers he was barely at .800. I'm sure he will maintain this pace through the All Star break.