• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura's anger only puzzles Angels' Mike Trout

The CJ quote baffles and aggravates me. 

“For me, if a guy does that, I’ll try to make light of it and say, ‘Come on, man, hit it through my legs, not past my face,’” Wilson said. “That’s my style. Just like a hitter. If he brushes you back, you’re gonna be like, ‘Hey, man, keep it down.’”

Shut. The. ****. Up. CJ. You really think Trout was aiming to hit Ventura? You think he was trying to hit a 98-mph fastball at his head? I am so beyond done with CJ. I hope he loses every single start until he's trade or dumped. I never want to hear a player not support his own teammate, especially when it's crystal clear he was not in the wrong. 

Um no he doesn't think Trout did on purpose

Well, based on his comments, yes he does. Or he at least believes hitters have the ability to control keeping line drives away from pitchers' heads. Otherwise saying, if that were me on the mound and Trout hit that ball, I would say, "Hit it through my legs."

The guy is a complete POS if there ever was one. I could care less if he ever throws another pitch for the Angels and this was after defending Scioscia's move to start him in Game 2. He just does not seem like a guy you win with.

“For me, if a guy does that, I’ll try to make light of it and say, ‘Come on, man, hit it through my legs, not past my face,’” Wilson said. “That’s my style. Just like a hitter. If he brushes you back, you’re gonna be like, ‘Hey, man, keep it down.’”

Pretty sure CJ is saying here that he wouldn't take it personally if a hitter line one past him and would make a joke of it.  This was revealed by the actual words "I’ll try to make light of it".

Well, based on his comments, yes he does. Or he at least believes hitters have the ability to control keeping line drives away from pitchers' heads. Otherwise saying, if that were me on the mound and Trout hit that ball, I would say, "Hit it through my legs."

The guy is a complete POS if there ever was one. I could care less if he ever throws another pitch for the Angels and this was after defending Scioscia's move to start him in Game 2. He just does not seem like a guy you win with.

This is a joke right? You have to know he was joking.

Pretty sure CJ is saying here that he wouldn't take it personally if a hitter line one past him and would make a joke of it.  This was revealed by the actual words "I’ll try to make light of it".

This is a joke right? You have to know he was joking.

I missed the "in light of it". You guys are right.

I still stand by what I said about CJ though. The guy is a village idiot and always has an opinion. 

To be fair if my 98mph fastball (first and only time I'll probably ever get to put those words together like that) gets hit back towards me by Mike Trout at a hundred and God knows what mph back at my head I'm probably going to get pissed rational or not. I'm not necessarily going to throw a temper tantrum afterwards but I get at least some of the emotion.

Ok, let's view the actual words. 

"Angels starter C.J. Wilson, out of the game by that point, said Ventura was right to say something about Trout’s liner, but not right in the manner in which he said it."

What I'm reading is CJ believes Trout can hit back to the pitcher with pinpoint accuracy, at will. Really CJ?

“For me, if a guy does that, I’ll try to make light of it and say â€˜Come on, man, hit it through my legs, not past my face,’” â€œThat’s my style. Just like a hitter. If he brushes you back, you’re gonna be like, ‘Hey, man, keep it down.’”

As if Trout or any other batter can make that happen. I know, I'll send a message and shoot for the left hip. Haha, what a goober. The pitcher however does have the ability to hit a target with pinpoint accuracy. Comparison fails.   

Let's say for arguments sake that CJ was talking sarcastically. What an idiotic time to be sarcastic. Especially when to do so, throws your teammate under the bus. 

I’m sorry, CJ was wrong to express those sentiments to the press the way he did. It's a small thing, but a thing none the less. 

wow

some people just don't get it

lol

wow what?

Get what?

Are you possibly going out of your way in reading between the lines. Instead, read what is written.  

He said stupid things, I get it. 

Ok, let's view the actual words.

"Angels starter C.J. Wilson, out of the game by that point, said Ventura was right to say something about Trout’s liner, but not right in the manner in which he said it."

What I'm reading is CJ believes Trout can hit back to the pitcher with pinpoint accuracy, at will. Really CJ?

“For me, if a guy does that, I’ll try to make light of it and say ‘Come on, man, hit it through my legs, not past my face,’” “That’s my style. Just like a hitter. If he brushes you back, you’re gonna be like, ‘Hey, man, keep it down.’”

As if Trout or any other batter can make that happen. I know, I'll send a message and shoot for the left hip. Haha, what a goober. The pitcher however does have the ability to hit a target with pinpoint accuracy. Comparison fails.

Let's say for arguments sake that CJ was talking sarcastically. What an idiotic time to be sarcastic. Especially when to do so, throws your teammate under the bus.

I’m sorry, CJ was wrong to express those sentiments to the press the way he did. It's a small thing, but a thing none the less.

Why didn't you bold the part where he said "make light of it", considering that is the only important part of what he said? CJ was joking around, this isn't a thing, well not to anyone on the team and probably only to people that dislike CJ or like to create drama.

So, a handful of people are actually willing to believe that Wilson is not only a guy who would intentionally trash his MVP teammate, but also that he is among the stupidest people ever to live because he thinks a batter can intentionally hit a 97 mph fastball past a pitcher's head.

Phenomenal.

cez, welcome to AW, where we can turn anything into an issue, regardless of the fact that not only isn't it an issue, but it also defies logic.

You really need to read read CJs quote. He wasn't saying Trout intentionally tried to hit him. He just said if you almost get hit joke it off.

The CJ quote baffles and aggravates me.

Shut. The. ****. Up. CJ. You really think Trout was aiming to hit Ventura? You think he was trying to hit a 98-mph fastball at his head? I am so beyond done with CJ. I hope he loses every single start until he's trade or dumped. I never want to hear a player not support his own teammate, especially when it's crystal clear he was not in the wrong.