• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Toyota 'Tacozilla' is the coolest off-road camper you'll see today

The automaker's motorsports tech center in Texas is building an updated version of the pickup-based camper it collaborated with the Chinook RV company on in the 1970s that will be unveiled at the SEMA auto show in Las Vegas this November.

tacozilla-3.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A rendering of the Tacoma-based vehicle depicts the modern styling that the team is going for, which director of operations Marty Schwerter said will provide the kind of clearance needed for off-roading.

The team has nicknamed the creation "Tacozilla" and it includes a compartment large enough for a six-foot two-inch person to stand in, a bed over the cab, a table, a kitchenette and a toilet.

It's being built on a Tacoma TRD Sport chassis with a manual transmission and the sketches depict it with a set of oversize all-terrain tires and heavy duty suspensio

National Pasta Day: Fun facts about the noodle

Although pasta wasn’t created in the U.S., it hasn’t stopped Americans from loving the Italian dish.

Pasta has become so ubiquitous it has its own national day – Oct. 17. National Pasta Day observers have countless ways to celebrate, whether it be with their favorite box of spaghetti, pasta maker or local Italian restaurant, there’s really no wrong you can do.

Arkansas homeless man returns to pay for Little Debbie snack he took during robbery

A homeless man in Arkansas returned to a gas station to pay for a Little Debbie cake he was told to take after walking in on a robbery in progress last week, according to a local report.

The robbery happened around 3 a.m. Friday at a Big Red convenience store at Valero gas station in Little Rock, local news outlet KTHV reported, citing a police report.

The suspect pulled a gun on an employee behind the counter and demanded cash from the register, according to the report. As the employee put the money into a bag, a homeless man walked in.

The suspect told the homeless to take anything he wanted, so the homeless man grabbed a Little Debbie cake and walked out, the station reported.

But once police responded to the scene, the homeless man returned to pay for the snack.

Police said the suspect also stole two packs of cigarettes before fleeing the gas station in a vehicle. 

The report did not give a suspect or vehicle description. 

On 10/17/2021 at 9:22 AM, Redondo said:

The automaker's motorsports tech center in Texas is building an updated version of the pickup-based camper it collaborated with the Chinook RV company on in the 1970s that will be unveiled at the SEMA auto show in Las Vegas this November.

tacozilla-3.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A rendering of the Tacoma-based vehicle depicts the modern styling that the team is going for, which director of operations Marty Schwerter said will provide the kind of clearance needed for off-roading.

The team has nicknamed the creation "Tacozilla" and it includes a compartment large enough for a six-foot two-inch person to stand in, a bed over the cab, a table, a kitchenette and a toilet.

It's being built on a Tacoma TRD Sport chassis with a manual transmission and the sketches depict it with a set of oversize all-terrain tires and heavy duty suspensio

Saw an original one yesterday 

20211022_141514.jpg

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

well, if local gov'ts are passing idiotic laws about ignoring theft below a certain dollar amount, you can expect that thieves across the country are going to take as much advantage of this as they can. no one is trying to stop them, so they must be licking their chops. i expect we'll see a ton more of this.

I stated not too long ago in what (at least was) a decent hotel in the magnificent mile (Eurostars).

There was cops knocking on the door next to me, and the one in front of me.  I heard people going in and out of all rooms all night long.  I hopped in the elevator with 2 guys in full on ski-masks.  It was awkward.

I think (or guess) that lots of rooms got rented out but drugs were just dealt in one room, probably held in another so the meet room would be clean. 

There was some crazy fight upstairs with women screaming, cops swirling around the street.  I was praying that a bullet wasnt going to go through the floor or something.

My friend stayed a few doors down and told me similar things.

Hopefully River North isnt too bad, going next weekend.

The Texas Parks and Wildlife posted the photo to the Facebook page for the Galveston Island State Park.

Every once in a while, nature reveals something that looks like it came straight out of a horror movie. 

State park workers in Texas recently revealed an image of a fish with a living parasite in its mouth, in place of its tongue.

Texas Parks and Wildlife posted the photo to the Facebook page for Galveston Island State Park. The image shows a fish with its mouth being held open, showing a grotesque parasite.

According to the state, the creature is a tongue-eating louse.

"Martian spotted at Galveston Island State Park," the post begins.

It continues, "Ok, so not really… but this is still pretty spooky! Inside this Atlantic Croaker’s mouth is a parasitic isopod called a tongue-eating louse. This parasite detaches the fish’s tongue, attaches itself to the fish’s mouth, and becomes its tongue."

The post concludes, "It also happens to be the only known case where a parasite functionally replaces a host’s organ. It does not kill the fish or affect humans."

The louse apparently feeds off the fish’s mucus. Gross, but true.

Link

Lifeguards carry 95-year-old to beach every day for 1 week so she can enjoy her vacation

A group of lifeguards who were photographed carrying a 95-year-old vacationer across an Alabama beach are being praised for their kind act.

Kimberly Waterbury, and her 95-year-old mother, Dottie Schneider, from Chandler, Indiana, headed to Orange Beach this October to vacation on the Gulf Coast.

Schneider uses a wheelchair and was unable to walk in the sand on her own. The Beach Safety Division in the City of Orange Beach then went above and beyond after a guard first spotted Waterbury helping Schneider along the beach. The guard offered her a ride in his beach patrol vehicle and she accepted. The guard gave her the field office number, and they called every morning to let the guards know when they were ready to go to the beach.

"In the past, when they’d gone to the beach, she couldn’t get to the beachfront. They had to sit by the pool deck. Being able to put her feet in the sand and seeing the waves crash on the shore, I think that made all the difference," Brett Lesinger, Beach Safety Division Chief in the City of Orange Beach, told Fox News. 

To help the nonagenarian and her daughter, the guards who were in the area would coordinate to pick her up at her hotel and take her to the chair set they had rented on the beach. Stepping up was lifeguard Shane Martin, who arrived with a smile on his face four days in a row to help.  When the family left on Friday, the guards gathered to say their goodbyes and wish them well.

Lifeguards carry 95-year-old woman on beach

Lifeguards carry 95-year-old woman on beach

Link

So nice of these guys to do that for this lady

@Tank  Pack your bags.  I found Nirvana for you.

Actually would probably be pretty good even for meateaters.  When done right, it can be tasty.  
And in a similar thought.  @Tank Have you tried the Buddhist Temple in Hacienda Heights?  I hear they serve vegetarian meals that are really good.  

awesome. too bad it's all the way in india. plus i'm not a fan of that old dude in orange culturally appropriating from our POC here in the states.

i have not been to buddhist temple but i'm willing to try. thanks for the idea. have you been to happy family vegetarian restuarant? there's one in loma linda but the original is in some place like rosemead or pico rivera. it's pretty good.