• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Links Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Police officer buys groceries for women accused of shoplifting

A Somerset, Mass., police officer bought groceries for two women accused of shoplifting five days before Christmas.

Officer Matt Lima was dispatched to a local Stop & Shop grocery store, where two women with two small children were accused of not scanning all of their groceries in the self-checkout lane, according to the Somerset Police Department.

"The two children with the women reminded me of my kids, so I had to help them out," Lima said in a Tuesday statement.

When the officer arrived at the grocery store, he spoke with one of the women accused of shoplifting and learned that they had fallen on hard times and did not have enough money to purchase an entire Christmas dinner.

"The woman I talked to, she explained she was working, but the mother of the children was not working and had some other family issues going on and that what she had taken was Christmas dinner for the kids," Lima told local news outlet WJAR.

The officer checked the women's receipts and noticed that they hadn't purchased anything but food, according to the outlet.

Store employees asked the two women to return the items they did not scan back onto the shelves and issued them a "Notice Not to Trespass" order. Lima, who has two young daughters himself, decided to help the two women. So, instead of punishing them, he bought them a $250 gift card to cover the entire cost of their groceries.

"Obviously, this family was in need, and I can't imagine having to make the decision to go to Stop & Shop and just only pay for what I can afford -- or do I go there and try to take things for Christmas dinner for the kids?" Lima told WAJR.

He added that the women were "very thankful" and "kind of shocked."

WEST VIRGINIA POLICE GIVE TRAFFIC VIOLATORS GIFT CARDS INSTEAD OF TICKETS

Evacuations underway in California as firefighters battle wildfire that ignited in LA-area city

Evacuations were underway in California on Thursday evening as firefighters battled a wildfire that ignited in the Los Angeles-area city of Thousand Oaks.

The fire, named the Erbes Fire, had burned about 250 acres and was on the verge of impacting nearby structures, as Santa Ana winds blowing from the northeast pushed the blaze toward homes, authorities said. 

"There are homes not far away," said Scott Thompson, a spokesman for the Ventura County Fire Department. 

25 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Evacuations underway in California as firefighters battle wildfire that ignited in LA-area city

Evacuations were underway in California on Thursday evening as firefighters battled a wildfire that ignited in the Los Angeles-area city of Thousand Oaks.

The fire, named the Erbes Fire, had burned about 250 acres and was on the verge of impacting nearby structures, as Santa Ana winds blowing from the northeast pushed the blaze toward homes, authorities said. 

"There are homes not far away," said Scott Thompson, a spokesman for the Ventura County Fire Department. 

It's weird how fire season still seems to happen when it's colder than a witches tit outside.  I don't remember it being the case before.  Fire season used to be late summer/fall.  Now it seems to be whenever the winds blow.

44 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It's weird how fire season still seems to happen when it's colder than a witches tit outside.  I don't remember it being the case before.  Fire season used to be late summer/fall.  Now it seems to be whenever the winds blow.

the psycho arsonists are now trying to be more inclusive.

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

The Best Cities To Live In For Fans Of Rock And Roll Museums And The Cleveland Browns
https://www.theonion.com/the-best-cities-to-live-in-for-fans-of-rock-and-roll-mu-1844466314

Glendale, Arizona

Host of the 2023 Super Bowl, when the current Browns roster should be hitting their primes or playing for more successful teams. Did we mention that it’s the home of American Idol winner and future Rock and Roll Hall Of Famer Jordin Sparks?

Betty White turns 99, reveals birthday wish and thoughts on her many fans after long career

'Golden Girls' actress turns 99, reveals birthday wish

"Betty had planned to run a couple miles for her birthday but COVID has canceled this so she will remain safe in her home doing various activities," Witjas joked. 

He went on to note that she "loves her fans" and never takes anything from them for granted. When the time comes for White to blow out the candles, her rep explained that her wish is quite simple. 

"That she remain as healthy as she is today for at least another year," Witjas told Fox News.

The woman herself had a fun response to the Associated Press when asked for her thoughts on the big day. 

"Since I am turning 99, I can stay up as late as I want without asking permission!" she told the outlet in an email.