• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who to blame for our struggles against the Royals

Claude, come on dude. You're trolling on Pujols every chance you get, but you won't give him his props when he comes through for the Angels.

Yes he had a bad night, but so did Iannetta, Cron, Aybar and the rest of the team with RISP.

Chuck,

I give Pujols props for the HOF career that he's had and what he's accomplished. Multiple MVP's, All Star appearances, World Championships and numerous personal achievements. He's truly one of the greatest hitters in history but he's no longer reliable in clutch situations.

I just think that hitting behind Trout helps mask what Pujols is today. If Trout is ever out of the lineup for a long period of time Pujols will get eaten alive. Todays Albert Pujols is very fortunate to have the league MVP hitting in the 2 hole to protect him. Trout should be leading off or hitting cleanup but Pujols would have none of that.

I get the feeling that since Pujols was such a huge investment that the Angels are now forced to get the most bang for their buck out of him at Trout's expense. I think overall it hurts the team offensively.

Edit.....OBTW I had the @ngelswin sign with me last night and couldn't use it. Too much flailing in the 3 hole.

Edited by CALZONE

Claude, come on dude. You're trolling on Pujols every chance you get, but you won't give him his props when he comes through for the Angels. 

Yes he had a bad night, but so did Iannetta, Cron, Aybar and the rest of the team with RISP. 

I think he expects more of a guy with a 250 million dollar contract.

I just think that hitting behind Trout helps mask what Pujols is today. If Trout is ever out of the lineup for a long period of time Pujols will get eaten alive. Todays Albert Pujols is very fortunate to have the league MVP hitting in the 2 hole to protect him.

Isn't part of a manager's job to structure his lineup for maximum overall effectiveness? It might be better for Trout personally to bat in a different spot in the lineup, but it isn't necessarily better for the team. If Pujols is more effective with Trout hitting in front of him, it seems to me that it makes sense to do this. Besides, I have never heard of a hitter being protected by someone hitting in front of him. Normally a guy sees better pitches because pitchers had rather not deal with the hitter behind him.

Isn't part of a manager's job to structure his lineup for maximum overall effectiveness? It might be better for Trout personally to bat in a different spot in the lineup, but it isn't necessarily better for the team. If Pujols is more effective with Trout hitting in front of him, it seems to me that it makes sense to do this. Besides, I have never heard of a hitter being protected by someone hitting in front of him. Normally a guy sees better pitches because pitchers had rather not deal with the hitter behind him.

Trout could potentially drive in 140 runs hitting cleanup.