• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bunting is ****ing stupid and kills rallies

NrM

I disagree with bunting to move a runner from first to second in general. It's even worse when you've got your best hitter coming up after the bunt. Really, the only situations in which I'm comfortable with bunting (outside of some NL pitcher batting .081) are with a runner on second and nobody out, the occasional squeeze play, and the Aybar-esque bunt for a base hit when you think the defense is looking a bit too relaxed.

I disagree with bunting to move a runner from first to second in general. It's even worse when you've got your best hitter coming up after the bunt. Really, the only situations in which I'm comfortable with bunting (outside of some NL pitcher batting .081) are with a runner on second and nobody out, the occasional squeeze play, and the Aybar-esque bunt for a base hit when you think the defense is looking a bit too relaxed.

This.

Plus the bunt to beat the shift.

Fielder did that against us during spring training and he got a hit out of it.

I don't mind the bunt in certain situations, as others have pointed out. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that you would bunt with Calhoun in that situation but not with Ianetta (or a ph) with men on 1st and 2nd and nobody out late in the game. That could have been a very important run. 

Nonetheless, good series win given the tough pitching matchups!

I don't like the bunting with Calhoun in that situation. I understand the thought is if they walk Trout you have Pujols batting behind him...but that situation screams crooked numbers with Calhoun, Trout, and Pujols lined up.

The situation that screamed for a bunt was Ianetta...who looked awful at the plate. Yes, I realize that's not his strong suit...but neither is swinging the bat at the moment.

The Giovettella I understood. A run is big in that situation.

But all of that is secondary if guys are pushing runs across the plate in those situations. Angels had a lot of opportunities they let go by the wayside last night.

The team also needs to become profecient at playing the small ball as it will be important as the season goes on. Sosh knew that Trout would get walked and Albert has looked good in ST and early on in the season. Not a terrible move

Please, Scioscia did the same exact thing in the playoffs last year.

Sure but blowing this off as just Sosh working on the bunt game is just not true. He is what he is, he'll do it again mid season, towards the end of the season and in the playoffs

are you saying that going apesh*t over it isn't going to change anything?