• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bunting is ****ing stupid and kills rallies

NrM

THere's situations where I'm OK with bunting...mainly when it's a tie game or they're down a run and it's late in the game. The hitter also has to be pretty shitty(Drew Butera will be the main answer to that this season)

Otherwise, I'm against it. Not sure why he had Gia try to bunt in the 2nd inning with Navarro at 2B with 0 outs and a 4-0 lead already, and not sure why he had Calhoun bunt when we all knew that they'd IBB Trout with the open base. That needs to stop. Any decision that gives away a free out and takes the bat out of your best player's hands is a decision that should never, ever be made

Gia bunting in the 2nd bugs me but I can live with that since we've put up with that from Sosh for well over a decade now....it's the other scenario that needs to stop

Edited by bloodbrother

when considering all situations as a whole and not taking into account the batters involved, having a man on first no out vs. a man on second and one out decreases your odds of scoring 1 run by only 3%.  If the next guy up ins intentionally walked, then your odds go up slightly but not quite all the way.

the number of runs expected actually goes up from man on first no out to man on first and second one out.  Albeit by a small margin. 

but the above doesn't take into account the fact that you take the bat out of the hand of your best hitter and put it into the hands of a very good hitter but one that is very double play prone when Calhoun is the one bunting. 

I don't mind it in the situation that bb outlined.  Late innings.  Bad hitter at the plate.  Down by a run or tied.  Top of the lineup coming up. 

Definitely depends on the situation.  Having Giavotella bunt made sense.  You move the guy on second over so that you bring up the more proven hitter to get the sac fly.  The team needs to be able to manufacture runs because they won't always be up 4-0 against a struggling pitcher. Scioscia needs to see who is capable of coming through in those times.  That being said, Scioscia is not so great at always knowing when that time is.  

The Calhoun bunt was absolutely stupid. Everybody (but Sosh, apparently) knew that an open base at first meant that Trout was getting the automatic walk.

Even if the K king is back, I'd still rather see what he can do with the bat in his hands.