• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Stadiums ranked by food and drink

JAHV76

Not surprising.  The best thing about Angel Stadium is the location and access.  Almost everything else is below average to far below average. 

Tempe Diablo is probably the worst in the Cactus League when it comes to food... probably battling for last when it comes to drinks.  

We have pretty generic everything. I think the one plus I the plethora of Golden Road mini kiosks to serve people. But overall our food is pretty cheap and basic...just nothing that makes you want to say, "I'd rather eat at the park."

When we had club season tix and in seat service it was a joke what they panned out as premium items.

KC is similar and I wanted to smash on the author because everyone tailgates, but when he drops the three best bbq joints on the outs I have no defense. Money has to talk if Sweet Baby Rays is in there instead of the others....hell, Oklahoma Joes is basically a chain now.

Not surprising.  The best thing about Angel Stadium is the location and access.  Almost everything else is below average to far below average. 

Tempe Diablo is probably the worst in the Cactus League when it comes to food... probably battling for last when it comes to drinks.

Tempe Diablo used to have decent brauts and Italian sausages. Now everything there sucks. The only food I could find worth eating was the pulled pork sandwich from the BBQ place at the far LF corner of the stadium and even that was just "meh."

The $4.50 cup of beer (14 ounces) is the biggest bargain around. I don't drink nearly as much as I did in my younger days, and that's a good thing, for my health and for my wallet. One of those beers and a hot dog are enough for me. And the peanuts, of course.

As others have said, nobody goes to a baseball game for gourmet food.

I'm in the camp of "who the eff cares, it's a baseball game." I am always dogs, peanuts, beer. I actually go out to dinner at nice restaurants fairly frequently, but that's about the last reason I go to a game.

I agree with you.

When walking my section after the game, I am amazed at the amount of leftover food, some of which is barely touched! The biggest leftover item in the "not like momma fixt it" is the Nacho `n Cheese (not the helmet).  And of course the hot dog dad bought for the kids. "They taste funny!" I want some <enter their favorite desert>!!

The most liked items come from the Smoke Ring, especially the Tri Tip Sammie's!

Edited by gklingel52

"Globe Life Park is riding this whole bacon thing HARD. Like a state fair underwritten by cardiologists seeking work, Arlington's "Just Bacon" stand offers bacon cotton candy, bacon lollipops, bacon beer, bacon sunflower seeds, and chicken-fried bacon on a stick."

"You may want to consider drinking at Fenway-adjacent bars rather than endure MLB's most expensive beer prices inside the park, especially when there's the possibility of being charged by an outfielder and hit with an errant slice of pizza at the same time." (ha ha, brilliant!)

"Yup, the Kirin Ichiban frozen drafts come with a layer of chilly foam that both keeps your brew cold and protects it from spillage. Comes in handy when the dude behind you rocking a well-worn Andruw Jones jersey gets too raucous or the peanut guy accidentally grooves one to you."

"If you’re going to do the “hey we made a crazy food item” thing... THIS is how you do it. Nachos on a stick. Wisconsin loves frying stuff. They love cheese. And foods on sticks are sensibly portable. Good work, Milwaukee."

"And to truly remind you that you’re not a professional athlete, there’s the straightforward State Fair Classic: fried apple pies, fried pork chop on a stick, and fried pickles."

" The Murderers' Row of food includes Dungeness crab sandwiched between slices of garlic butter sourdough, Caribbean-style bibimbap, and the model ballpark garlic fries (no wonder Pablo Sandoval got so fat here)."

i like this guy's writing style.

I can totally vouch for Safeco Field's choice of beer and amazing food. 

1. Safeco Field

Seattle Mariners
Cask-conditioned ales, Firkin Fridays... no, these aren’t the selling points for some new high-minded craft beer bar, it’s just how they roll at Safeco, where the dizzying array of seriously impressive eating and drinking options reflects the strengths and tastes of the local market as a whole as well as any stadium out there. Standout local chef (and big-time Mariners fan) Ethan Stowell is seriously involved in the food program (since 2010), which is why every year they’re rolling out fresh offerings like Dungeness crab sandwiches on sourdough with lemon aioli or Pacific seafood gumbo. You can get craft cocktails made with small-batch spirits from the folks at local mixology staple Rob Roy. There’s legit sushi (RIP Ichiroll) and sake. Grass-fed burgers come topped with Tillamook cheddar. Honestly it kind of feels like every buzzy food trend from recent years is somehow represented, but in a way that somehow manages to not feel completely out of place. There are probably some sticks in the mud that bristle at the notion of this kind of highfalutin fare at the ballpark, but these are the same types who likely once decried nachos as “ethnic food.” This is how progress is made.

As others have said, nobody goes to a baseball game for gourmet food.

We used to, or at least wanted the option. Being in Club we used to eat at the Knothole before games or do the same when we had Diamond Club tix. I'm sure others here have also done the Mothers Day brunch they do behind home plate above Diamond Club.

I don't think anyone is trying to turn the park into a restaurant, but the options and quality would be nice.

They've improved, but if I'm going to a game I'd look for other options than eating at the stadium first.

i would think both chicago stadiums would be replete with great pizza and great hot dogs, but it sounds like they both are severely lacking.

Been to Wrigley.  Their concessions had nothing spectacular, other than a Chicago Dog.  But how many fans truly go to the game with high food quality expectations?