• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Seattle Mariners vs. Angels (4/7/2015)

Chuck

C.J. Wilson, LHP

0-0, -.-- ERA

Wilson is coming off his worst season in five years as a Major League starter, posting a 4.51 ERA and walking an American League-leading 85 batters in 175 2/3 innings. Over his last 16 regular-season starts, Wilson gave up 51 runs in 76 innings.

vs.

James Paxton, LHP

0-0, -.-- ERA

Despite a shaky spring, Paxton has been slotted into the No. 2 spot in the rotation. The 26-year-old lefty has been outstanding when healthy (9-4, 2.66 ERA in 17 career starts) and is 2-1 with a 2.59 ERA in four games against the Halos.

Lineups to be posted when available.

Beat that ass tonight, Halos. I will be in attendance to root you on! Let's get this!

3 of my students in JROTC are doing the colors presentation. 

please cheer extra loud for them!  they're great kids.  

also, paxton being slated #2 is more about  wanting our 3 starters to go Righty, Lefty, Righty.  don't read into that too much. 

I will, Cez. 

Paxton has had our number. The offense better be sharp and C.J. better not be too cute with his pitches. 

Are you going to be there tomorrow Chuck? I couldn't afford both games, so I chose to see Shoe instead of CJ. 

Tomorrow is up in the air. I should have picked tomorrow over tonight, but I got these tickets a few weeks ago.

I'll let you know if I go. 

Either way, we should get a beer in Seattle before you head to the game if I do or don't attend tomorrow's game.

Tomorrow is up in the air. I should have picked tomorrow over tonight, but I got these tickets a few weeks ago.

I'll let you know if I go. 

Either way, we should get a beer in Seattle before you head to the game if I do or don't attend tomorrow's game.

Yeah, let me know! Not sure if we can make it from Tacoma to Seattle after work with enough time to spare before the game. But we can try. Or we can definitely grab a beer at the stadium if we both end up there. 

Couldnt afford both?  Are those Mariners tickets much more expensive than it is at the Big A?  Or are you just not a fan of the cheap seats :P

Pretty expensive. Especially for opening week.

My 3B field level tix tonight are 80 bucks a pop. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, your clean up hitter against lefties..................................

David Freese.

sigh

Why? He had a good second half of 2014 and a great spring.

I'm fine with it. Cron would be my choice, but Freese is more proven. 

It could be Albert, if Scioscia can find someone to plug into the #2 spot.

Freese and Joyce are not major-league cleanup hitters.

To be fair, Calhoun and Trout are not leadoff/#2 hitters either.

Bottom line is victories and we won with those two guys at top and Pujols at #3 with getting little to NOTHING at of #4 last season. 

Joyce

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

This would make so much more sense.

Don't get hung up over lineups. I'm almost certain Cron will work his way up to #4 soon but Scioscia will always give the nod to a veteran in that spot initially. 

Freese hit the ball VERY well during spring and lose weight/gained muscle. He looks good. Give the dude a shot. 

Don't get hung up over lineups. I'm almost certain Cron will work his way up to #4 soon but Scioscia will always give the nod to a veteran in that spot initially.

Freese hit the ball VERY well during spring and lose weight/gained muscle. He looks good. Give the dude a shot.

He knows how to get the important runs in right?

In all seriousness, I'm hoping for good things from Freese this year, he looked like a different guy in Spring Training.