• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

World Series picks...

Sporting News has the Cubs...  And, Sports Illustrated has the Indians...

Both are a reach in my opinion, tho each might overachieve into the playoffs.

I think our Angels, Mariners, and Cards have a better chance.

Mariners and Indians are the trendy picks this year.

Yeah, everybody seems to think the Mariners will be in the World Series, especially with the addition of Nelson Cruz. Those people are forgetting two things: Cruz is another year older, and Safeco is still a really bad park for power hitters, and it's not like the rest of the AL West is all hitters' parks either.

Nationals need to get out of the 1st round before I can pick them to win anything.

Indians are super trendy and I don't understand it at all. Kluber and a bunch of high upside but low floor guys.

And I don't get how people think the Mariners are going to be 10+ games better than last year to make up the difference between their record and the Angels

Yeah, everybody seems to think the Mariners will be in the World Series, especially with the addition of Nelson Cruz. Those people are forgetting two things: Cruz is another year older, and Safeco is still a really bad park for power hitters, and it's not like the rest of the AL West is all hitters' parks either.

But Pujols is another year older and it's easier to hit a home run at Safeco than Anaheim. I'm pretty sure that Those people realize that everyone in MLB is a year older this season.

But Pujols is another year older and it's easier to hit a home run at Safeco than Anaheim. I'm pretty sure that Those people realize that everyone in MLB is a year older this season.

No. No it is not. Seattle was the third hardest park to hit homeruns in for RHB last year.

But Pujols is another year older and it's easier to hit a home run at Safeco than Anaheim. I'm pretty sure that Those people realize that everyone in MLB is a year older this season

Are you serious? It's easier to hit a home run in Safeco? Is what you're smoking legal in Washington?

Everyone is a year older, yes. That means that the best player in baseball is closer to his prime. The Mariners' offense is going to rely on two guys (Cano & Cruz) who aren't spring chickens and some young guys who need to prove that they can consistently contribute.

They'll be good, certainly, but they aren't as good as the Griffey/Martinez/Buhner teams that didn't make the World Series.

Nationals v. Cardinals in NLCS -- Padres with big pay roll fall short.  Not sure how any one can top the Nats' rotation in a short series if everyone stays healthy.

Angels vs. Seattle in ALCS  -- Indians have a shot.........Pitching wins & Seattle with King Felix and others have the edge but things don't seem to work out for the M's......(well they did beat us in that, unfortunately, quite memorable Langston playoff start at the old Kingdome -- I still can conjure up images of that errant throw to first base that went down the RF line area).

Nationals v. Angels in World Series -- how does any one contend with what could be a three/ four man rotation the Nats will have in a short series?

Of course, we all remember when the Phillies had the 'best rotation in baseball history' a few years back and how that went.

Nationals need to get out of the 1st round before I can pick them to win anything.

Indians are super trendy and I don't understand it at all. Kluber and a bunch of high upside but low floor guys.

And I don't get how people think the Mariners are going to be 10+ games better than last year to make up the difference between their record and the Angels

I doubt the Angels ... or any AL team ... will win 98 games this year.

Predicting or assuming that value is crazy optimistic.