• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why it turns around tonight

TEvans

Not many bright spots this season, but here are a few things giving me hope for the W tonight:

Tommy Hanson:

4-0 (5 GS) against Houston with a 1.59 ERA from 2010-2012

1-0 vs Houston (5 IP 2 ER) last year

Bud Norris making his first road start of the year.

2012: 3-12 6.94 ERA away from home (4-1 1.71 ERA at home)

2010-2012 9-22 5.29 ERA on the road

In 9 games this season, Houston leads the majors with 101 K's. The last two Angels opponents: Oakland 57 K's, Texas 62 K's. The Angels pitching staff has been middle of the league in K's, at 70 this season while Houston has struck out a whopping 45 batters (second worst in the majors.)

Lastly, Tommy Hanson is the only Angels starting pitcher so far this season to notch a win, recording a 1.00 WHIP against Texas. Only Garrett Richards has a better WHIP (.092)

What this all adds up to is, the Angels have played one of the toughest first 9 games in the majors. They have one of their best pitchers on the bump (**very small sample size I know, but we're trying to be optimistic here) and are going against one of the worst teams in the majors. 

Only about 12 hours until we can LTBU

I'd like to see some damn home runs from our power hitters. 

Four games in a row without one.  I'm tired of the damned excuses.  I don't wanna hear about the marine layer, or finding their swing, or making solid contact and being really close to putting it all together.  I want some home runs.  I want a win.  I want this team to stomp somebody.

Might as well start tonight when I won't be watching.

the indians were the best offensive team for the first two months of the season in 2011 and completely destroyed every team during that period. they came back down to earth and ended the season with a losing record. the only difference between those indians and the current a's is that the a's have the pitching to compensate for their lack of offense.

The A's are a team of destiny every single night.  They have a roster full of career no names, but they somehow find lightning in a bottle every game.  Like that first game of the series, John Jaso with 20 career homers in over 900 at-bats, hits a 3 run bomb late.  Josh Donaldson, a career .231 hitter, with a career .662 OPS, goes 6-14 against us with a homer and 3 RBI in the series.  Coco Crisp, with 90 home runs in over 4 thousand at bats, has 4 already to start the year. 

Im sure I could go up and down their whole roster and find more examples.  It really makes no sense at all.  We have guys who mash their whole career and turn into scrubs, the A's have scrubs that can turn into an all star on any given night and somehow propel them to win.