• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vernon Wells' defense

Was at the game. Wind in the stands was ridiculous enough, in three air is was very fast, gusty, and frequently changing directions so I can understand balls being hard to track.

While it's true Wells dropped a flyball he also hustled and took advantage of Oakland dropping one of his own popups.

Calhoun overall looked good today as well. Trout esque catch at the wall to save two runs.

Barry Enright was terrible. Frightening to think he's #8 on the starter depth chart.

I guess you didn't see the Calhoun catch a few innings later against the wall.  I was at the game, Calhoun is a scrappy player.  He might not have the ability to make the bigs, but he really hustles.

Well, since my post was at 12:33, I guess I didn't have the benefit of that vision while posting.

Barry Enright seems like it should be the name of a lounge singer at the embassy suites during happy hour.  

I feel like our depth chart for starters is:

Weaver

Wilson

Hanson

Vargas

Blanton

Richards

Williams

Maronde

Cassevah

Mills

Schugel

Enright

Although a few guys are out of options so he could be higher up if we don't retain them.  But he might not even be in the top five for AAA. 

Barry Enright seems like it should be the name of a lounge singer at the embassy suites during happy hour.  

I feel like our depth chart for starters is:

Weaver

Wilson

Hanson

Vargas

Blanton

Richards

Williams

Maronde

Cassevah

Mills

Schugel

Enright

Although a few guys are out of options so he could be higher up if we don't retain them.  But he might not even be in the top five for AAA. 

I feel like we have better starting pitching depth than most teams... maybe it's just me.

Calhoun overall looked good today as well. Trout esque catch at the wall to save two runs.

That catch was with the bases empty and would have hit the top of the wall. Not a knock on Calhoun but I don't think it's accurate to say it saved two runs. The immediate impact of the play certainly didn't save anything and I don't think any runs would have scored had he missed it.

It was a good catch, though.

despite all the bashing and booing, all the calls for and rumors of him being traded, Vernon Wells has been nothing but professional and has remained a positive memeber of this team. regardless of what happens to this man, he has my full respect as a person and a player.