• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB At Bat

xboom28x

I am looking for the best device to use for live streaming the MLB At Bat app. I have the full season package to watch the Angels but don't have a device to watch it on. The PS3 is in the living room. I can watch games in there. But most games are late (especially home games) and I would like to have something besides my iPhone to watch the games in the bedroom with start times so much later when they are at home. I would rather not spend $300-$600 on an iPad. Is there something larger than an iPhone that would have the MLB app that I could watch the games on? Would like to keep it under $200 if possible. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Most Sony Blu Ray players can do it.  I am pretty sure Roku/Apple TV can do it as well.  Maybe even Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick

Sorry I was thinking through the TV.  You could look into a chromebook laptop.  You can get a 14 inch model for around 300 dollars.  It is Google desktop.  Mostly just web browser and the other google apps that are available like Google drive, etc.  They are pretty awesome.  You can get smaller 10-12 inch models for 200 bucks.

Edited by nate

Thanks guys! I'll look into both of those suggestions. Any others?

The TV in the bedroom is older but still works wonderfully. However, it's not set up for internet streaming. I'd have to move the PS3 there. Which would mean I'd play video games on it until 4am on a work night far too often.

Thanks guys! I'll look into both of those suggestions. Any others?

The TV in the bedroom is older but still works wonderfully. However, it's not set up for internet streaming. I'd have to move the PS3 there. Which would mean I'd play video games on it until 4am on a work night far too often.

I have a Sony Bluray player that I paid maybe $100 for that has built in Wifi and a MLB.tv app.

MLB has a list of supported players.  http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=sony

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-bdps3200-streaming-wi-fi-built-in-blu-ray-player-black/3412007.p?id=1219091130368&skuId=3412007 is on the list $79 has built in wifi.

Mine is very similar to that model just older, works perfectly for MLB.tv, NHL, Netflix and Youtube.

Edited by nate

Found a Sony Blu-Ray for $125. Had a $75 gift card for Amazon so I paid $50 for it. I may have to do this every year going forward now.

I wasn't even thinking of that as an option. Was only thinking of something remote like a notebook or tablet. Glad I asked. Thanks everyone!

Edited by xboom28x

Gotcha.  I have it too.  I like the DirecTV package more but it is twice as expensive.

Do you notice if it's behind much on the live stream Nate? I get notifications on my phone for when I can't watch. Curious if my phone will ding before Trout swings and hits one out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick devices on various TVs at my home.  I even have an LG Smart TV with built in WiFi with the MLB At Bat app installed. All of them are setup to use the MLB Premium Subscription.  I share the subscription with a friend, and with our 2 separate IP addresses we have used 11 devices simultaneously watching live games:

-Laptop computer

-2 android phones

-2 tablets

-Apple TV

-2 Rokus

-Chromecast

-Amazon Fire Stick

-PlayStation 4

-LG Smart TV

Couple this subscription with Unlocator, and it's a baseball fan's paradise.

I have Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick devices on various TVs at my home.  I even have an LG Smart TV with built in WiFi with the MLB At Bat app installed. All of them are setup to use the MLB Premium Subscription.  I share the subscription with a friend, and with our 2 separate IP addresses we have used 11 devices simultaneously watching live games:

-Laptop computer

-2 android phones

-2 tablets

-Apple TV

-2 Rokus

-Chromecast

-Amazon Fire Stick

-PlayStation 4

-LG Smart TV

Couple this subscription with Unlocator, and it's a baseball fan's paradise.

Looks more like a nightmare of jumping through hoops just to watch a game.

how do you know he has a tv in his bedroom?

i just took a wild guess.

then i read his statement that said "The TV in the bedroom is older but still works wonderfully."

so at that point it was really a 50/50 if he had one.

then i figured only a shifty mofo wouldnt have a tv in the bedroom.

and xboom does not seem shifty.

wait does he hang with russel wong?

oh and i peeked in his bedrooms windows, nice sheets dude.

Edited by mrwicked