• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NFL free agency

Tank

I think he's owed $15 million each season until his contract is up. If I'm any team, I wouldn't even try to restructure that. I don't want to have AP $20+ million a year against my cap. Even if they use him for a year and cut him, would you want the $5-$10 million in dead money each season? No thanks.

Edited by Chimi

Wow, this isn't a good look for the NFL. Chris Borland retiring because he worries about the long term effects/safety of playing in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12496480/san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-chris-borland-retires-head-injury-concerns

"I just honestly want to do what's best for my health," Borland told "Outside the Lines." "From what I've researched and what I've experienced, I don't think it's worth the risk."

"I feel largely the same, as sharp as I've ever been, for me it's wanting to be proactive," said Borland. "I'm concerned that if you wait till you have symptoms, it's too late. ... There are a lot of unknowns. I can't claim that X will happen. I just want to live a long healthy life, and I don't want to have any neurological diseases or die younger than I would otherwise."

Niners go from having unbelievable depth at ILB to just having Bowman coming off a torn ACL.. We have now seen 3 young players retire this offseason in Locker, Worilds and now Chris Borland and none of them had to do with them being injured/forced to retire. Add in Willis retiring at the age of 30 as well

Wonder if this is going to be the start of a trend?

Edited by bloodbrother

Can't blame him.

I think the NFL will be a dying sport if massive changes to the game aren't made. There's always gonna be knuckleheads that don't care and just want the money, but I think less and less kids will be playing football and lots of guys wont play pro who would have before the research

Agreed.  A very small percentage of guys who play college ball get to the NFL.  Guys that get that far normally aren't going to walk away because for many of them that's why they played the game and it's how they make a living.  Even if some more guys decide to retire early there's plenty of other guys who would love to take their spot.  I'll be honest I wouldn't let my kid play tackle football because I don't think it's worth it as far as injuries go and he's not going to make a living doing it. That said for a lot of guys growing up neither them nor their parents look at it like that and I don't think that's going to change to the point that NFL or college football suffer.

The NFL isn't going anywhere, lol. Even with more concussion awareness, it won't go anywhere. It is by far the most popular sport in America, the Super Bowl is the most popular non-holiday in America. 

So 1 player walked away over concussion concerns, 1 player walked away for religious reasons, another player walked away after playing for 8 years and concerned with his overall health, and another player walked away because he lost the love of the game. 

I think the league will be fine without those players. Because for every player that walks away over concerns for their health, there are more who don't care and just want to play the game that they love.

Surprised I haven't seen anyone mention S. Johnson signing with SD given all the Charger fans on here.  While reading about it I was surprised to see that he is only 28 as it just seemed like he's been around longer.  As much as I like seeing SD fail I think this could be a nice signing for them.  Having a QB who can actually throw could lead to a nice season for him.  

Not a huge fan of this deal. Would have liked to see a multi year deal with him. Cowboys take on all the risk and PR hit here and then he's free to go sign a multi year contract with someone else after the season is over. I hope they can negotiate with him over the season.

Haven't really followed but see the Chiefs got Pro Bowlers Maclin and Grubbs while also getting Fainaka from AZ and Branch from OAK.

Pretty sweet pick ups just because of the holes and need. Allows more flexibility in the draft to grab BPA opposed to reaching for a need.

Came across this from an NFL.com article that had the Chiefs ranked 9th in a power ranking as of now....pointless, but some dude getting the party started. Broncos at 8th, Chargers 16th, Raiders at 32nd.

Not a huge fan of this deal. Would have liked to see a multi year deal with him. Cowboys take on all the risk and PR hit here and then he's free to go sign a multi year contract with someone else after the season is over. I hope they can negotiate with him over the season.

Not a lot of risk with how the contract is structured, or so it seems.