• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NFL free agency

Tank

I think Philly is going to regret that contract.

I think the Chargers are going to make a play for Gurley in the draft. No way they go into the season as their RB's being Woodhead-Oliver-Brown. 

Ya think? Not sure which deal is worse...that MAxwell contract they dished out or them signing BOTH Murray and Ryan Mathews. They dished out over $12.5 million on RB's today and still have Sproles under contract for $3 million in 2015. Can't fathom a team investing so much money into the RB position considering how things are in today's game

The door is open for AP to get traded to Dallas now.

Not sure how considering how tight Dallas is against the cap and AP's current contract. Dallas is better off likely drafting Gurley or Gordon with their 1st round pick. If they do that, they won handidly over what their division rivals did by giving Murray that dumb deal

Edited by bloodbrother

Cowboys sign McFadden to a 2 year deal.  T. Knighton ended up signing with Washington on a 1 year contract for 4M.  After Suh signed I thought this guy would get a multiyear deal being the 2nd best DT on the market but it seems that concerns about his weight, him possibly overplaying his hand (saying Oakland's offer wasn't close to what he was looking for) and the depth of DT in the league and draft just seemed to kill his value this year.  I'm guessing he's hoping for a big year and more interest when he's a FA next year.  Just seems crazy to me because Polian and some of the other analysts were saying as far as value goes he may be a better deal than Suh considering he wouldn't get as much money.     

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

Miami has been trying or willing to unload Wallace going back to last offseason.  They paid him #1 receiver money but the problem is that he isn't a #1 receiver as he's more of a deep threat who is good for about 60-70 catches a year.  Spiller signed with NO which is interesting since they have Ingram and Robinson also on the roster but right now their WR's are a somewhat broken down M. Colston and a relatively unproven Brandon Cooks.  They have 5 picks between the first 3 rounds and I'm sure they'll add another receiver but losing Graham will change how teams defend them.

McFadden is a bridge to whatever RB they will most likely draft.  I'm hoping by some miracle Gurley falls to the Cowboys at 27, but I don't see him getting past Arizona.  But this draft is very deep at RB, even in the 3rd and 4th rounds, so I think that made letting Murray go easier and they got a veteran guy on a very team friendly deal to take some load off a rookie RB for a year.

McFadden is a bridge to whatever RB they will most likely draft. I'm hoping by some miracle Gurley falls to the Cowboys at 27, but I don't see him getting past Arizona. But this draft is very deep at RB, even in the 3rd and 4th rounds, so I think that made letting Murray go easier and they got a veteran guy on a very team friendly deal to take some load off a rookie RB for a year.

I don't think arizona is going after a rb in round 1. Everything I read is that Gurley tore his acl in November so who knows when he'll be ready for 2015. Also arizona has a more desperate need on the interior offensive line so a guy like Cam Erving from fsu makes sense and a 3-4 OLB is another need so someone like Eli Harold or whoever is there. They would also take a corner like marcus Peters before a running back. I think Gurley would be there.

Cowboys will not get to a super bowl with McFadden and a rookie.

Cowboys offense is good enough to score points even without Murray.  I'm not sure what their plans are for Randle, but he's proven in the time he's played that he can be a decent back in this system.  But with his legal issues, who knows what their plans for him are.

Regardless of who they have at running back, if the Cowboys can't fix their defense, they have no shot at going to the Super Bowl.  Right now, they have no defense.  Half of the defense has left in free agency and they haven't done anything to replace those guy and plug the holes.  They don't have the cap space to get any worth while pass rushers like Hardy, so they're going to have to hit a home run all the way through the draft on the defensive side of the ball if they plan on winning.

Edited by Chimi

Rumors going around that Tampa Bay is about to trade the number one overall pick to the Saints for a 36 year old Drew Brees. That would be a terrible move for Tampa if they do it.

I heard that rumor while at work the other day and the very thought of it made me want to start wrecking everything in my cubicle and slam a few staples into my forehead.

Dallas has about a 2-3 year window to win a title with Romo. AP has 2-3 years left in his abilities. If they wait for the Vikings to cut him before June 1 they can sign him to a cap friendly deal going forward. He'll take less to come home. No doubt.

Dallas has about a 2-3 year window to win a title with Romo. AP has 2-3 years left in his abilities. If they wait for the Vikings to cut him before June 1 they can sign him to a cap friendly deal going forward. He'll take less to come home. No doubt.

Rumored already teams are willing to trade a draft pick(s) for him. Tampa bay and arizona are the rumored teams so far

I listen to some of the Cowboys podcasts and they were saying it would take their first round pick and a restructured contract to get Peterson. Other rumors are saying the Vikings would want maybe a second or third or both. That's not going to happen and I wouldnt want them to do it to get him either. There was also a rumor earlier in the week that if Peterson went to the Cowboys, he would want around $25 million guaranteed. No thanks.

Edited by Chimi

If he's traded, the team trading for him would have to extend him to lower his salary cap number. Not sure if extending him and guaranteeing so much money would be smart like Chimi said. But, this franchise doesn't have a large window. It's win now.

I do think AP would work with the Cowboys on finding a way for the money to work for both team and player. He wants to come home and win a ring.

Edited by xboom28x