• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NFL free agency

Tank

why would the saints trade graham? that seems a bit silly.

ESPN explained that it frees up cap space and gives them another first round pick.

Jacksonville was talking to DeMarco Murray, but he apparently wants to play with Sam Bradford, who was his roommate at Oklahoma.

I also don't suppose that it hurts that playing in Philadelphia would give him the chance to stick it to the Cowboys twice every season.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Not sure why the Eagles would want Murray.  Apparently they had zero interest in him until he called Chip Kelly personally.  He's not the type of back that works in that type of system.  They also signed Ryan Mathews earlier today.

I'm wondering how serious the Eagles are in Murray or are they just trying to drive the price up on the Cowboys so they pay extra in the long run.  The Cowboys are already not that great in terms of cap space at the moment.  I'm sure they don't want to restructure Romo if they don't have to.

Being a Cowboys fan, I've obiously seen a lot of Murray. I don't understand the interest the Eagles have in him. He doesn't have a lot of gas in his tank in terms of running and tires quickly. With their up tempo offense and rarely substituting players in the middle of a series, I don't know how Murray is going to hang. Most of his yards come after contact so he's going to beat himself up a lot. The Cowboys have a slow moving offense that allowed him to regroup and sub if needed.

Apparently Murray is upset with the Cowboys and hurt by how they've handled his free agency. Murray tried to be involved too much in the negotiations and I think he saw that the business side of things isn't all glorious.

Murray deleted the Cowboys stuff days ago. Way before the Eagles ever came into play.

Would love to see them get Gurley but they have the 27th pick and I don't see him still around there. I think another team will take a chance on him. Wouldn't mind Gordon either. But this Cowboys defense is atrocious and we've lost every single defensive FA we had so far, so we have so many holes on that side of the ball right now. Not to mention we have no pass rush what so ever.

Will be interesting to see what they do because right now, they're in a tough spot against the cap.

Murray supposedly got offered 5M per year from Dallas.  I realize RB's aren't as valuable as they used to be with teams using dual backs and it being a passing league but that's quite a bit less than McCoy just got on his new deal while Ingram just got 4M a year.  Of course it comes down to guaranteed money in the NFL but on an annual basis if they offered him 5M per I can see how despite it being a business that wouldn't sit well with him.   

Edit - it's being reported the Eagles are giving him 42M over 5 years with 21M guaranteed which is closer to what McCoy got on an annual basis while getting 26M guaranteed.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

The Cowboys hands are kind of tied though in terms of the cap. They can't really offer Murray much more than $6 Million which is supposedly what Stephen Jones is willing to do at this point. Romo is going to count for $27 Million against the cap this year because of all the times they've restructed his deal. They want to avoid having to restructure him again if they can. Cowboys have no choice but to be fiscally responsible with free agency and the fact they had to franchise Dez made it even worse.

Agreed with both posts but it's sad they couldn't show more fiscal responsibility before so that they aren't in a situation where Romo counts 27M against the cap.  Regardless I think franchising Dez was a must as having him helps open up the run game as teams can't always stack the box.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I agree with the franchise of Dez also. They couldn't let him go. Unfortunately his franchise price will count 100% against the cap which is a big hit.

Jerry really mismanaged this team financially which is why they're in the position they are right now. Luckily for the Cowboys, he doesn't deal with free agency much anymore and Stephen Jones has been trying to fix their cap hell the last few years. He's also been really good as managing his Dad and keeping him out of stuff. Cowboys have drafted very well over the last few years as well thanks to Stephen keeping Jerry out of it. It was Stephen that told Jerry there was absolutely no way he was going to let him go draft Manziel when Jerry insisted that they do.

There's a report that the Saints are shopping Kenny Stills.  If that's true I'm even more confused by them trading Graham unless they end up trading Brees.  Colston restructured his deal but he's nowhere near the receiver he once was and can barely create any separation.  They've had success over the years with lesser known receivers but those guys benefited from the attention Colston and Graham would get.