• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S6 revealed

HaloCory22

I'm writing a new song for the Rolling Stones called touchwiz. It's about a boy with a broken cellphone who takes a lot of drugs.

Don't you mean that if you listen to the song's lyrics it's about a boy who touches his wiz too much.  But if you analyze the song at it's deppest meaning, it's really a song about a boy with a broken cellphone, who takes lots of drugs.

Edited by gotbeer

I'm pretty big on acquiring the latest and greatest new tech, but smartphones don't seem to interest me as much.

I still have my LG optimus G, which came out in 2012, and have no desire to upgrade.

All these new features that come out on the latest and greatest smartphones seem like gimmicks. 

I don't play shitty mobile games or watch movies on my phone, so the upgraded hardware doesn't really change much for me.

A better camera and battery life would be nice though.

Edited by Poozy

Our Samsung rep just left our office. Got to play with the phone a bit. Love the actual phone. Feels great. Gorilla Glass 4 on the front and back. Runs very smooth. OS has been tweaked and looks a little more bland. Similar to the iOS 6 to 7 change but it'll end up being better. The speaker on this thing is insane. So loud. Camera is pretty sweet too. Still not a big fan of the lack of expandable memory and battery. Other than that, its a beast.

People’s biggest problem with the Galaxy S6 will be solved in an upcoming new version

However, a Samsung representative apparently confirmed to a Reddit user that the Galaxy S6 Active version will indeed feature a microSD slot. The phone might also have a removable battery.
The rugged Active model will have similar hardware to the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, but won’t be an exact replica of the Galaxy S6 when it comes to certain components. In fact, it appears that Samsung plans to make some notable changes, by including a lower grade camera (that’ll still have optical image stabilization), and remove the fingerprint and heart rate sensors. Buttons on the front are also expected, and the phone should be water-resistant.

So pros and cons.  

It's a very nice device and with launchers like Nova available that are better than any launcher (Apple, stock Android, etc) complaints about Touchwiz are kinda silly.

Whatever the case, I'll be sticking with LG. My 1.5 year old G2 is still rocking and can take anything I throw at it. LG really knows what it's doing.

Also, having the buttons on the back is a stroke of genius that works so well once you get used to it.

Well said RallyMo.

LG could capture android market share with the G4 if they continue designing their flagship phones with a removable battery and micro SD slot.  The G2 has the best battery performance of any phone (one Apple, and over a dozen android) I owned.  And the double tap feature to turn on and off the display is brilliant, so a user does not have to pick up the phone to access the power button.

What phone do you currently use?  And why features steered your decision toward the Galaxy S6?

I have a Droid Maxx, which is now a couple years old, plus I was due for an upgrade. Pretty much every spec on the GS6 is superior to the Maxx. The only possible exception is battery life.

I bought the S6 Edge gold platinum 128gb on April 13th. Verizon is telling me it won't come until May 17th!!!! :wacko:

You could wait or you can call them and switch to black or white.

I got the phone a couple days ago and had high expectations because the reviews and it's exceeded them. On my old phone, threads that had YouTube videos would take forever to load. It's pretty much instant with the S6.

You could wait or you can call them and switch to black or white.

I got the phone a couple days ago and had high expectations because the reviews and it's exceeded them. On my old phone, threads that had YouTube videos would take forever to load. It's pretty much instant with the S6.

I've always had black or white so I thought I would try something different. I liked the gold platinum because it looked great and not like most of the gold phones I've seen.

I also need the 128gb since you can't expand with a micro sd card anymore. So I think I just need to be patient. 

I'm glad you are liking it so far. It makes me want it more now.