• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Twenty years later, the Angels' 'Replacement Spring' recalled as a sad, crazy time unlike any other

I will always remember the treatment of Busch by the Doyyers, led by Brett Butler.  I think it was the LA Times that had an image of Busch sitting at the end of the Doyyer's bench during a game while the rest of the team was at the other end, not interacting with him.  Butler was a big time born again Christian and at the same time was very outspoken against Busch.  It really tainted my opinion of Butler.  Very sad, that treatment.  

Thanks to Jeff Fletcher for a fine article and a trip down memory lane..

I had forgotten much of this, maybe because it was the worst time in my baseball memory banks.

Not as much the replacement players, they were just doing what they needed to do, but the xling of the F'n World Series was a fan's nightmare, a flip-off from baseball, for many of us who couldn't believe such a thing could happen, was happening...

Then....after baseball returned...1995 was another nightmare for anyone that was there and remembers what the Angels did to end that dreadful season.

Almost ended my love affair with MLB, and it took a few years to get over.

Thanks for a great article.