• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bell Tweet

TEvans

3 players families I spoke to expressed the same sentiment as Bell.

Scioscia's overriding power over every detail doesn't fly much anymore.

Then I think we should handle each player's families' statement case by case.

Or is that being hypocritical?

He is absolutely part of the problem, but he is treated like the sole problem. A great manager might win you 3-5 games in a year. Scioscia even if he is not great in everyones eyes is not costing the Angels 3-5 games a year.

I'm inclined to agree with this.  However, it seems like over the last six months of baseball I've seen more and more instances where I question a move Scioscia is making (or not making) and said move or non-move backfires horribly.  Agreed that he is absolutely only part of the problem, but as manager he's gonna get a lot of the heat.

While I agree he shouldn't name sources, his sources may be in the exact same boat as Trevor Bell. They are more than likely minor leaguers who have not made it yet, and they could be putting the blame on Scioscia, just like Bell looks to be doing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if younger players that are not use to structure or discipline might have an issue with Scioscia, that doesn't mean he is wrong.

While I agree he shouldn't name sources, his sources may be in the exact same boat as Trevor Bell. They are more than likely minor leaguers who have not made it yet, and they could be putting the blame on Scioscia, just like Bell looks to be doing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if younger players that are not use to structure or discipline might have an issue with Scioscia, that doesn't mean he is wrong.

Could be.  But go back and read the USAToday article.  Torii eluded to something last year in the only way he could.

Trevor Bell is to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Trevor Bell is an ass clown deluxe. Most AAA pitching staffs have a large amount of career minor leaguers who take their job very seriously. A lot of them have come to realize they are not going to pitch in the major leagues but they want to keep their AAA jobs for as long as possible. Playing baseball for a living at AAA is still a pretty sweet job. So while most of the guys in the pen would be talking about pitching or the hitters they might face later in the game, Bell would be doing his best to earn a spot on the cast of Animal House. I remember one time someone telling him to shut up and watch the game. I know a lot of Angels fans and a lot of you here who are latching on to this because Scioscia has fallen out of favor, but Trevor Bell isn't credible. If Sean O'Sullivan, Daniel Davidson, or Barrett Browning had said it I would give it some weight. These guys worked their ass off to try and succeed. Whatever their failures, none of them could be contributed to a lack of dedication and hard work. On the other hand, in my opinion of Trevor Bell, he is a spoiled brat who for the first time in his life had to work for something.

One more thing, in all the seasons my rep for the Bees would sit in the bullpen, he did not hear a single negative comment about Scioscia.

* This is my summary of information I received from individuals this morning (after the Tweet was posted) who were very close to these guys over the years in Salt Lake. I went into this thinking it could be taken into consideration, but not after this information was made privy to me. 

Hate on Scioscia all you want, but at the end of the day the bullpen needs to shut down the opposition and our high priced players need to perform, especially when you're hitting well below the mendoza line with RISP. 

Oh and for the record, I'm not a Scioscia apologist. I get as bothered by some of his managerial decisions (or lack thereof) like the rest of you. But what I'm not cool with is pinning the blame on this start on him, or Dipoto for that matter.

Hey Chuck, I really like that you are a real fan who shares his opinion honestly. It would seem to be difficult to do that as someone in your position but you seem to handle it well, even if I disagree with you from time to time. Thumbs up.

Geltz was another Trevor Bell.. Most likely the reason he was shipped out for a 30 year old reliever, but I cannot confirm or deny that. Just my observation. 

But back to Bell and these three families who claim to know Scioscia. 

I've heard some of the same things from others about Sosh, while other players have praised him. I have also seen for myself that he can be a bit stubborn and get it. 

Be that as it may, Trevor Bell doesn't know shit about why the Angels are failing. If Mike Trout picked up where he left off, if Hamilton was hitting the way he was in ST or the first half of 2012, if the bullpen didn't blow leads or close games, WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION. Meanwhile, Trevor Bell used the Angels woes to begin the season as a platform to get revenge against his former manager, who he felt didn't use him correctly in shipping him back and forth between the Angels and AAA, as well as Tyler Chatwood getting a promotion over him, when he thought he was next in line. 

Trevor Bell was hurt last year and didn't perform well and as eventually cut from the team he grew up watching and rooting for. 

Back to my original source on Trevor Bell. I trust him, as he's a good man and would NEVER share the things he shared with me this morning unless it was true. He has also been very accurate with his reports to me over the years.

So feel free to think Scioscia needs to be fired after the slow start -- though I disagree with you -- but don't take what one ex-player's words who is butthurt as a reason why the team is failing currently.