• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bell Tweet

TEvans

Scioscia needs to stop putting the two biggest chokers and rally killers in the 4 and 5 position.

How many men on base with no outs rallys do they need to kill off to change things up?

Pujols leads the team with a 1.206 OPS and Trumbo leads the team in RBI.

Maybe you guys need to pay more attention rather than just keep recycling the same complaints.

Has anyone been able to track down Trevor Bell because as I posted before, he was picked up on a minor league contract by the Tigers and after Spring Training he falls completely off the radar and is not on any Tigers minor league roster.

He is absolutely part of the problem, but he is treated like the sole problem. A great manager might win you 3-5 games in a year. Scioscia even if he is not great in everyones eyes is not costing the Angels 3-5 games a year.

ok, yeah I agree that he shouldn't be treated as if he's the sole reason the team is losing. that is silly.  but, the one thing I'll add is that if team does continue to play like this, it's much easier and more realistic to dump MS than overhaul the roster.

I love the notion that if you don't agree with the haters then you are an apologist. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to point out when Scioscia makes mistakes, mainly because I don't want to agree with the lowest form of fan, the one that has to blame the manager every time a player under performs, the one that feels wronged by bad decisions. It's baseball, one bad decision usually doesn't cost you a game, especially not a game where you left 13 runners on base and hit into two double plays.

As far as the validity of this opinion, well it has more merit than any of us have, but considering the source its at least iffy. How many players have played for Scioscia the last 15 seasons? Which ones come out against him? Well, we have Jose Guillen, Mike Napoli, and Trevor Bell. I am sure there are more but of those three I give credence to Napoli, and that's about it. A handful of guys out of the 100 or so ex players, not bad. I am sure any of us who have managed people in the past would be more than happy having 95%+ satisfaction rating from our employees/team mates.

Scioscia does not have guys coming after him because you could probably say he is a "player's manager". He lets guys go out and do their thing and if they aren't performing he is sure to say that "so and so will turn it around" or "the ball came out of his hand real well last time" even though he got crushed. Scioscia never throws anyone under the bus, which I sort of applaud, but it seems like that is the last thing this under achieving team needs is a passive, polite, nice coach. 

I really feel this team can benefit from a new voice, one with some fire and passion. Someone new to the position that has to prove himself. Scioscia has been there and done that and it really reflects in his style, which comes off as very passive and complacent to the fans. His teams don't show energy like a Texas or San Francisco. Maybe that is just the way these guys are and if so, then that is unfortunate. Baseball is supposed to be fun and it just seems like Scioscia has everyone walking on eggshells.

As much as I crucify the guy, it is not 100% fair for me to say he is a bad manager and everything is his fault. Does he make a lot of calls that I deem very questionable? Of course. Does he do a lot of things well? Of course. Sometimes a new, fresh voice is just needed and like a poster said earlier, it is easier to get that change from the top then it is too overhaul the whole roster. This team should not be 2-6. The team last year should not have missed the playoffs. At the end of the day, winning and losing falls on the manager. 

Pujols leads the team with a 1.206 OPS and Trumbo leads the team in RBI.

Maybe you guys need to pay more attention rather than just keep recycling the same complaints.

While I dont agree with the post you are responding to, Pujols wasnt who he was talking about. 

As for this thread. I wouldn't take this tweet very seriously. It is too damn early to get upset anyways. I am frustrated like any other fan but I am not about to throw in the towel and finger point and call for heads to roll. Nobody, coaches and players, have not performed well as of yet. 

I wiped my hands of supporting Mike after the 2008 squeeze play, and yet I believe Trevor is just a jilted lover. He is sitting at home, remote in one hand, cellphone in the right blasting the Angels in sheer happiness at our misfortune to start the year. I give no credibility in hearing the opinions of  crappy relievers, who were a part of this bullpen mess since 2011. Insert Mr Bell in place of Lowe and Jepsen the last few games, and the results would most likely have been worse.

I could even blame the fans for constantly crying about certain players, and wanting changes to be made every fifteen minutes, eliminating any consistency or stability.

God forbid the Angels don't "Make a Splash!!" in the Hot Stove League... the jackanapes on this board go berzerk!

I've placed most of the blame on Sosh the last the last few seasons, but right now it's on Dipoto and his off-season moves.

What alternative moves would you have made this offseason?

I'm not saying I agree with all of Dipoto's moves (particularly losing Morales, I feel that was a huge mistake), but the organization was pretty hamstrung from horrible scouting and drafting during the Reagins years, as well as emptying the shelves of prospects in trades over the year. 

What alternative moves would you have made this offseason?

I'm not saying I agree with all of Dipoto's moves (particularly losing Morales, I feel that was a huge mistake), but the organization was pretty hamstrung from horrible scouting and drafting during the Reagins years, as well as emptying the shelves of prospects in trades over the year. 

I'm fine with who he dealt or didn't re-sign.  What mostly concerns me is the number of question marks he brought in, mainly Blanton, Hanson, and Madson.  They were my biggest concerns coming into this season, and still are.

And no, I'm not going to waste any time to go back and see who was available via trade (impossible to know) or FA from this past off-season.