• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel games you kind of remember, wonder if anyone else does

notherhalo

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

I remember a game in 1995 vs. the Indians.  The Indians had just become relevant again and Dennis Martinez (El Presidente) was pitching for the Tribe.  Chili Davis was up and they got him 3-2.  The catcher stood up as if to intentionally walk him, Martinez pitched a strike and the catcher jumped back down to catch it.  Davis was furious. I believe an Indian was plunked after and there was a brawl.  Then someone climbed the foul pole and they had to delay the game like 20 minutes while we waited for his arms and legs to get tired and he slid back down and was arrested.

My daughter & I were at this game!

She loved the circus act with the foul pole.

I remember a game around '05 or '06 against (I think) the White Sox in Chicago. 

The game was tied, Vlad was on second and someone was trying to sac bunt to get him over. Vlad ending up running all the way home on the bunt, looked like he was gonna be out by a mile, but somehow ended up sliding in safely and we went on to win the game. 

Great thread reading all these memories from every one's perspective. 

So many games to remember... The GA 10 RBI game, Torii Hunter 3 HR game vs Padres, Clinching playoff spot & the whole team going out to the outfield wall to Adenhart's picture... That was chilling. 

I remember a 2001 game that I attended vs Yankees where Eck got a game winning hit vs Rivera. Eck battled and lifted a little liner to right to win. Place went nuts. Good times

My first trip to the Big A was in 1975. It was a scheduled doubleheader against the Rangers. In the first game, Frank Tanana set what was then an American League record for strikeouts by a pitcher. In the nightcap, the Rangers led 6-5 going to the bottom of the ninth. The Angels loaded the bases, and Andy Etchebarren fouled out to the catcher to end it.

Years earlier, I saw Etchebarren catch both games of a doubleheader for the Rochester Red Wings (then the Orioles' AAA farm club) in the Florida heat. His uniform was soaked with sweat. Felt bad for the guy.