• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel games you kind of remember, wonder if anyone else does

notherhalo

This game is probably the weirdest and wildest game that I ever attended: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/15/AR2005061500211.html

1.  Brenden Donnelly gets thrown out before throwing a pitch for having pine tar in his glove

2.  The benches clear after Sciosica and Frank Robinson start screaming at each other in the middle of the field

3.  Jose Guillen hits a 2-run blast to tie the game that the Halos go on to lose.  A day or two later, this story comes out: http://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2087115 

On February 26, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Bobster7587 said:

The game when Frankie was pouting after what he thought was a bad call (I think) and he missed the throw back from the catcher, which allowed the winning run to score. I want to say it was against the Mets. Good times. 

I was at that game. It was in Oakland and my friends (A's fans) will never let me forget it.

This may have already been said but for some reason that Joe Saunders vs. Zach Greinke pitching duel about 7-8 years ago sticks out in my head in terms of recent games (as well as Big Daddy Vladdy's dagger to the Red Sox in 2009 playoffs).

Way back in the early 80's I remember Doug Decinces going deep like 8 times in a span of three games.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 5:42 PM, ELEVEN said:

Now I want a seat cushion.

Harkens back to Seat Cushion Night during a traditional evening DH with the Twins in 1978.   This was where division race fever appeared for the first time since 1970.   Halos split the DH, losing the first game and winning the 2nd game.   It was just about as loud as I've ever heard it at Angel Stadium, 2002 and the Downing/Lynn catch vs KC in 1982 excepted.    Seat cushions being hit together, Twins reliever and former Dog reliever Mike Marshall being crazy loud booed, etc.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This may have been mentioned in this thread already, but that game when Ramon Ortiz out-dueled Pedro Martinez. I think the Angels won 1-0 (on a solo home run by Orlando Palmeiro, if memory serves), and Ortiz threw a CG shutout. 

This was indeed during the summer of 2000, one of a very few memorably good outings for a Halos' pitcher that season.  Crazy thing is, their 5.00 team ERA in 2000 was still a respectable 8th in the AL.   Talk about offense explosion. 

1967.  6th grade. I was at a slumber party and the host dad said he was taking us to McDonald's and a movie.  He lied about the movie.  He took us to the Big A.  Mickey Mantle is announced as a PH.  Bigger, longer ovation than any of the Angels.  He promptly struck out.  As he walked to the dugout he got the same ovation.

That was my first clue as to how big baseball was.  Huge moment to me.  That's when I became a big Angels fan and have been ever since.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Harkens back to Seat Cushion Night during a traditional evening DH with the Twins in 1978.   This was where division race fever appeared for the first time since 1970.   Halos split the DH, losing the first game and winning the 2nd game.   It was just about as loud as I've ever heard it at Angel Stadium, 2002 and the Downing/Lynn catch vs KC in 1982 excepted.    Seat cushions being hit together, Twins reliever and former Dog reliever Mike Marshall being crazy loud booed, etc.

Damn, now I want 2 seat cushions.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

This may have been mentioned in this thread already, but that game when Ramon Ortiz out-dueled Pedro Martinez. I think the Angels won 1-0 (on a solo home run by Orlando Palmeiro, if memory serves), and Ortiz threw a CG shutout. 

Good call, i remember that one! "Baby pedro"

Ran into ortiz at a bar a few years back after an angel game. Maybe 2011 or 12. Was blown away none of the fans recognized him...or his giant ring

5 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Does anyone remember Trumbo's walkoff against the Yankees in May 2012 after the bullpen blew it? That was a lot of fun.

Yep, was at that one. Funny enough i went with a buddy who got us free seats to that game...off the skanks guy who trumbo went yard off of.

Back and forth game, weaver went down with a bad back on like the 2cd inning. They fought back from being down huge, early. One of the funner games ive been to

Aside from the walk off, trumbo went like 4/5 that game with a fee more driven in. TnT was a fun summer...

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I was there!  

2 hours ago, JoJo26 said:

THIS.....I miss that bad ass Ersty.....

de.jpg

"He was right on top of the plate!" -erstad

I remember after the collision, him crawling over to slap the plate. I loved in 02 when hed do those head first slides with the helmet coming off.

Adam kennedy brawling with the rangers. The fight against KC when disarcina tried to murder that little dominican guy. 

Went to a game vs the Brewers in '75 after Hank Aaron had been traded there. He stood at the wall next to the 1st base dugout and signed autographs for kids for a good 30 minutes. I remember being amazed that this 5' 11" 40-something old dude was the most prolific home run hitter of all time.