• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel games you kind of remember, wonder if anyone else does

notherhalo

More recent, trumbos walkoff against the skanks in 12. Game seasawed, weaver left esrly in like the 1st with back pain (and went on the DL). Ny put up a few runs and game looked over. Angels clawed back, i think trumbo went like 4-5 with a few rbi extra base hits. Then hit the big walk off in the 9th. One of the best games ive ever been to

More recent, trumbos walkoff against the skanks in 12. Game seasawed, weaver left esrly in like the 1st with back pain (and went on the DL). Ny put up a few runs and game looked over. Angels clawed back, i think trumbo went like 4-5 with a few rbi extra base hits. Then hit the big walk off in the 9th. One of the best games ive ever been to

I was at that game. It was on Memorial Day as I recall. 

May 27, 2005, Royals at Angels. KC led 4-3 going to the top of the ninth. Royals scored four, including two on a single to left that Garret Anderson let get past him and roll to the wall. All looked lost with the Royals up 8-3 and the Angels with three outs left. Halos scored five in the bottom of the ninth to tie it, with some help from the worst defensive half inning that I have ever seen a major league club play. Dallas McPherson won it with a solo home run to center in the bottom of the tenth, 9-8 Angels.

One of my favorite games was sometime around 2005 I think. Playing the Mets at home. Jeremy Burnitz in center for the Mets. Someone on the Angels hits a line drive to shallow right center. Burnutz comes charging in, ball goes barely under his glove and rolls all the way to the wall. Runner gets all the way to third.

A batter or several later hits a shallow line drive to left center. Burnitz charges again, and again the ball goes just under his glove and all the way to the wall. Batter gets all the way to third I think.

Later that inning or the next someone hits a routine flyball to Burnitz. He catches it. Fans in right center applaud him loudly, and he actually takes off his cap and salutes them. It was highly entertaining (and I will forever think highly of Burnitz, just not as a defender).

One of my favorite games was sometime around 2005 I think. Playing the Mets at home. Jeremy Burnitz in center for the Mets. Someone on the Angels hits a line drive to shallow right center. Burnutz comes charging in, ball goes barely under his glove and rolls all the way to the wall. Runner gets all the way to third.

A batter or several later hits a shallow line drive to left center. Burnitz charges again, and again the ball goes just under his glove and all the way to the wall. Batter gets all the way to third I think.

Later that inning or the next someone hits a routine flyball to Burnitz. He catches it. Fans in right center applaud him loudly, and he actually takes off his cap and salutes them. It was highly entertaining (and I will forever think highly of Burnitz, just not as a defender).

You have to admire a guy who keeps a sense of humor about such things.

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2015 at 2:08 PM, colt4405 said:

Couple of gems from 2002.

August home game against the A's. Spiezio hits a walk off double and the SPEE-ZEE-OOO chant is born. 2 months later that chant could be heard from space.

September 11th anniversary against the A's. Emotional day with an emotional come from behind win. Shawn Wooten had a huge day including the go ahead RBI in the 8th inning.

For fans who didn't follow the entire 2002 season, which is the vast majority of Angel fans today, you missed out on a one of a kind team. We'll win more world series but we'll always do it as a large market team. 2002 was the last small market team, once the stadium started selling 2-3M seats and Disney sold the team to Arte we began chasing free agents. Now that local media brings in 1 billion dollars a year we're in the practice of trading our young talent for established vets. We'll never have a 25 man roster full of homegrown talent and free agents most teams didn't want. Trading for a quality 4th outfielder would bring a yawn today but was a cause for celebration back then. Now we sign premier outfielders who aren't even quality 4th OFers.

Good call about the 02 team. That was a fun year, besides the postseason. I remember a come from behind win againat KC that year in june where i started to believe, cliche as it sounds.

The GA game on a sunday against the mariners where we moved past them for good...

You mentioned the 9/11 game. Remember the 9/12 one? See saw against oaklamd, chavez hots a tying hr in the 8th and pimps it. Erstad gets on in the 9th, steals 2cd, overthrow on it so he takes 3rd (loses his helmet), speeze walk off double. That speez hit i remember as much as his game 6 jack

The two I remember most (not counting 2002, because there were many there) are:

1.  Rod Carew's 3,000th hit, 31 years ago tomorrow 8/4/85.

2.  The Trout/Pujols Bow and Arrow game against the Mariners on 7/20/14.

3.  Also, the playoff loss to Boston in 1986 in game #5 of the ALDS.  There were 64,223 people in official attendance at Angels Stadium.

I've been to a few cool games over the years.  Obviously most of the 2002 run I was there in person.  I also was at Carew and Brett's 3,000 th hit games.  I was at Figgy's six hit game.  I was at the game where the Griffey's each hit a homer.  I vaguely remember another game that season where our starter threw a one hitter against the M's I believe it was Willie Frazier and the one hit if I'm not mistaken was a home run by Griffey Jr.  I saw us clinch it in 1986.  I've also been to the last 23 opening days.  One of those went extra innings and Salmon ended it with a walk off homer, against the Indians.  I've mentioned this before but I didn't go to the Adenhart game because I had gone the two previous nights and I didn't want my young son staying up that late again on a school night, so my tickets went unused.  However I remember the following game, most emotional experience I've ever felt at the stadium ever.  

I don't remember when and who it was against, but I remember the game where Mike Scioscia pulled Ervin Santana after only getting one out in the first, and allowing 5 runs.

The bullpen pitched 8.2 solid innings, the offense erupted, and they somehow won the game.

Scioscia's decision was so inspirational. He hadn't given up on the game, and they just rallied.

One of my favorite "never give up" games.

My goddamn sweetheart of a mother who worked her ass off all the time just like my pops would take me to games instead of my dad because he would work late, but she knew we loved going and thought it was important for us to go to ballgames so she would take us and stay there with me and my little brother and would stay until the game ended as late as we wanted to stay even if the game went past 10pm because in baseball "it's not over till it's over."

With her I was at a game where almost all the fans flung their giveaway seat cushions on the field after something happened that resulted in a bad call or a pitcher gave up a couple runs late in the game. I think it was a call at 1st base on a routine ground ball, but I'm not sure. I think this was the 35th anniversary seat cushion giveaway (1996) because being 11 sounds about right.

We still had the CA logo on the hat with the orange seats in the stadium, and I remember it vaguely. While watching all the seat cushions float on the field from the air above and below me, I was wondering what the hell was going on and why anyone would do that.

No way mom was gonna let me participate in that.

Wednesday August 10th,  1994. Chuck Finley pitched a complete game giving up only one run to the Royals in a 2-1 victory. Wally Joyner was on the Royals then,  he went 3-4. Bo Jackson was playing for the Angels,  he was 2-4.

I sat in my bleacher seat after the game until the usher came over and told me I had to leave. 

It was game number 115, the last game of the year. The strike killed the game and eventually led to Selig turning a blind eye to steroid usage to put fans back in the seats.