• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel games you kind of remember, wonder if anyone else does

notherhalo

1986 - Charlie Hough took a no-no into the 9th. George Wright misplays a fly ball to left which is ruled a hit. Hough clearly starts to lose his composure. Couple batters later Jack Howell singles in the tying run and the ball gets past the catcher, allowing the winning run to score .... because Hough is still standing there on the mound fuming instead of backing up home plate.

I remember that one!

Game where the Orioles closer(Chris Ray I think) threw high and tight on Vlad and he got pissed and hit a walk off home run the next pitch.

This is the one I was going to post.  It was the first time I got to sit in my brother-in-laws season tickets near home plate.  Such an epic moment.  Just slowly started walking towards first as he glared at the pitcher.  I've tried to find this game or clip online but have been unsuccessful.

That was the game I was going to post. Vlad hit a GS off of Tom Gordon in the 7th inning or so. Angels maintained the 1 run lead to win. I was there and also had the obnoxious Yanks fans running their mouths innings 1- 7.

I was at that game and it was very memorable.  Both the Angels and the Skanks were playing great ball.  I think it was August and it was a very hot and muggy night at the Big A.  The Skankee fans were especially cocky/mouthy that night.  I doubt I'll forget some gross NY chick wearing a shirt that said, in big letters, "NEW F**KING YORK."  I thought it was pretty lame to wear that to an even where you knew there were going to be a lot of kids.

Anyways, Vlad gets up to bat and you just knew something gnar gnar was going to happen.  Everyone got on their feet.  It was about as loud as the 2002 playoffs.  And BOOM! He hits a rope over the centerfield wall.  It felt fake.  Rarely had I experienced an Angel hitter coming through in such dramatic fashion,

1986 - Charlie Hough took a no-no into the 9th.  George Wright misplays a fly ball to left which is ruled a hit.  Hough clearly starts to lose his composure. Couple batters later Jack Howell singles in the tying run and the ball gets past the catcher, allowing the winning run to score .... because Hough is still standing there on the mound fuming instead of backing up home plate.   

I remember that one!

I was at that game. Also at Angels beat the tigers 13-3, 4/27/83 with two grand slams. 11 runs off of hr's. Lynn and Daryl Sconiers hit grand slams. DeCinces follows Sconiers to go back to back. Boone ads one in the 8th. Remember the game looked up the particulars at baseball reference.com. Went with my mom and sister, they missed both grand slams because they decided to go buy stuff at the consession stands.

Was also there when Niekro tried to rid himself of the emory board.

Saw a classic game 5 and 6, though not in the same year or round of the post season. One broke my heart the other well, don't give your pitcher the "game ball" while still on the mound.

Now I live in Northern CA so I only get to watch on the www.

If I think of more I'll post, but I can only kind of remember most of these games.

Joel pinero giving up a grand slam to the pitcher in an inter league game. I can't remember the opponent.

This would not be the first time. In the Brewers expansion season as the Seattle Pilots in 1969, a pitcher for them (Fred Talbot) hit a grand slam off of the Halos in Seattle at old Sicks Stadium. For good measure, he shut the Halos out that day.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Not that its super historic or anything, but i was at the game orlando cabrera stole home. Had a great view from like 2cd level behind the plate. That was cool to see.

In about 85 maybe reggie hit 3 home runs in a game. I wasnt there, but had the newspaper clipping taped to my wall for a year or so as a kid. Was always a huge reggie fan as a kid.

Im sure a bunch remember this one, but vlads monster performance in 2004 against boston, pedro started and vlad had like 9 rbi i think.

When did Percy pitch through a batting order to face a batter a second time? Or are talking about two different games.

Percival struck out Canseco on the Yankees on 3 curve balls and after the third Canseco yelled something to the effect of "be a man throw a fastball"

Next night Percy drilled Canseco with a first pitch fastball and yelled something to the effect of "there's your fastball!"