• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel games you kind of remember, wonder if anyone else does

notherhalo

I'm bad at this stuff. Went to a ton of games in the mid-00s.

I remember a Yankees game where some dickwad in Club sold his tix to Yank fans and this dude in his 20s had a loudmouth and kept talking about 26 rings like he was there for them all. Vlad hit a grand slam that I believe was the game winner. Just epic.

Another was around that time against Cleveland where Orlando Cabrera hit a walk off grand slam in extras...I believe the 10th or 11th.

I also vividly remember being in KC and it was Greinkes first game back in KC and he's throwing a no-hitter, gets pulled, and whoever was closing (Fuentes?) throws the game tying two rum home run and then the next batter hits the walk off....I believe Salvador Perez hit the winner, but know he hit one of the two homers.

Worst walk from stadium to parking lot ever. Mainly because I was getting props all game and it's the Royals, so they don't have anything to root for. But that was like their Super Bowl and was the walk of shame.

Kendrys hitting a grand slam of King Felix to win then game only two just land awkwardly on his legging breaking it. I was in shock for a while after watching it at the big A.

I was in KC for this and they were playing the Royals back home.

My family was in despair about the loss and I was right there with them as I thought we just lost our best hitter that season. They didn't really grasp it since we won on a walk off that I wasn't happy.

A 1997 game -- summer game, after the All-Star break - must have been July / August.

Halos were out of the race... back in the day when you could pretty much walk up to the ticket booth on game day and get pretty good walk up seats.

Angels were playing Milwaukee........I went to the game with a long time friend from college days (the guy is a big Yankees fan, Jeter, Bernie Williams yadda, yadda yadda).....I am going on and on about Garrett Anderson (who wasn't in the starting line up that evening -- this is back when he was still in a platoon situation) and Gary DiSarcina.........Yankee pal I'm sure said 'shut up already -- about those guys -- several times during the game."  "One's on the bench and the other's hitless in the game'

game is pretty non-descript until the 9th when the Halos are down 3 to 1........GA pinch hits with a guy on and rams a single through second on the right side sending the runner to third.

one out, DiSar comes up and hits a soft line drive (it certainly wasn't a rocket shot) that drifts down the left field line and wraps around just inside the left field foul pole for a three run walk-off game winning homerun..........had a lot of fun chatting up my Halos that night........DEEE SARE CINNNAAAA !!!

I remember a Yankees game where some dickwad in Club sold his tix to Yank fans and this dude in his 20s had a loudmouth and kept talking about 26 rings like he was there for them all. Vlad hit a grand slam that I believe was the game winner. Just epic.

Another was around that time against Cleveland where Orlando Cabrera hit a walk off grand slam in extras...I believe the 10th or 11th.

I also vividly remember being in KC and it was Greinkes first game back in KC and he's throwing a no-hitter, gets pulled, and whoever was closing (Fuentes?) throws the game tying two rum home run and then the next batter hits the walk off....I believe Salvador Perez hit the winner, but know he hit one of the two homers.

Worst walk from stadium to parking lot ever. Mainly because I was getting props all game and it's the Royals, so they don't have anything to root for. But that was like their Super Bowl and was the walk of shame.

I vividly remember that game. That was Frieri, not Fuentes. Afterward he said something along the lines of "I pitched great they just got lucky".

I also remember being at frieri's last game in an angel uniform. He turned a 7 run lead in the ninth into a save situation. Several guys in my section (club level first base side) were very loudly demanding that frieri be fired, scioscia be fired, and that Kendrick needed to pay more attention to Don't Baylor. Sounded just like the forums.

lol.

Anyone remember that game in Oakland just before the All Star break in 08 or 09 where Reggie Willits scored from second on a routine ground ball? It was a crucial run as well, it either put us ahead in the eighth or doubled our lead.

I remember that one

"and Reggie Willits never stopped running"

This is around the time I was going a bunch as well. Holy shit the stadium got loud when he hit that.

This like works for me when I use IE:

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl_3_1.jsp?w_id=438316&w=2005/open/topplays/archive07/072105_nyaana_guerrero_gs_350.wmv&pid=mlb_tp&gid=2005/07/21/nyamlb-anamlb-1&cid=mlb&fid=mlb_tp350&v=2

I don't think I'll ever forget Mike Trout's grand slam off Chris Sale. 

I've honestly watched so many Angels games that I can't pinpoint many specific occurrences from memory (2002 and noteworthy/attended games are the exceptions). 

Paul dropping the strike 3 against the White Sox is seared in my brain unfortunately...I threw my remote at the wall. 

The Angels playing the Yankees in the 2009 ALCS is particularly memorable. My good friend is a Yankees fan, and we watched a few games together at a bar and those late inning games were very intense–and some of the most fun I've had watching baseball, really. 

Edited by failos

Going back a ways, but a game in 1983 when Reggie Jackson had the flu but came off the bench in the 8th inning to hit a 3-run bomb and tie the score at three against Toronto. Doug DeCinces then hit a 2-run homer to put the Angels ahead for good. In the 7th inning, DeCinces had broken up a no-hitter by Luis Leal with a double off the wall.

Jackson killed that ball, deep center field, way back. It's the only home run I saw him hit in person.

1986 - Charlie Hough took a no-no into the 9th.  George Wright misplays a fly ball to left which is ruled a hit.  Hough clearly starts to lose his composure. Couple batters later Jack Howell singles in the tying run and the ball gets past the catcher, allowing the winning run to score .... because Hough is still standing there on the mound fuming instead of backing up home plate.   

September 2003, was the beginning of senior year, a buddy and I ditched at lunch to go watch Zito vs. Scot Shields (yes the rare Scot Shields start) in the diamond club for a 1230 start.  Zito pitched a no no into the bottom of the 6th when Alfredo Amezaga of all people broke it up.  Very little is better than being at Angels stadium when you should be in class.

I'm going to go way back...

July 4, 1971.  Vida Blue was on the mound for the A's.  I was a kid walking around the concourse and taking in all the sights and sounds of that game.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CAL/CAL197107040.shtml

I love baseball reference - I love to go back and look at box scores of games I attended.

I also remember bat night as a kid and everyone holding up their bats in the stadium - it looked a like a forest.  Sadly, I don't remember the date...

I also remember the night Bengie Molina stole a base...

http://truegrich.blogspot.com/2012/02/night-bengie-molina-stole-his-last-base.html

For the oldtimers, Ed Halicki pitches a two hit shutout against the Brewers just after being acquired during the 1980 season.  

Then he never did much of anything after that.

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/ballplayers/player.php?name=Ed_Halicki_1950&page=chronology

Halos duel the A'th in a 1971 scoreless duel in Oakland until Angel Mangual drives in the winning run for the A'th in the bottom of the 20th inning. 

Rudy May pitches 12 scoreless innings and matches if not outpitches eventual Cy Young winner Vida Blue in the 1-0 loss.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/OAK/OAK197107090.shtml

Edited by Angel Oracle