• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NCAA Strikes Again

NCAA already did enough for a whole lifetime, with how they screwed LB State in January 1974 with the 3 year NCAAT barring!

For violations eventually said to be minimal compared to what the big schools were doing.

That was a potential Final Four team, with the Pondexters, Leonard Gray, Glenn McDonald (one of key bench players for Celtics in 1976 NBA Finals), and Bobby Gross (leading scorer in games 5&6 combined for Portland in 1977 NBA Finals) amongst others playing for Lute Olson.   They ended up the season 24-2, the only two losses by 2 points each at NCAAT runner-up Marquette and at Colorado.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The NCAA awaits your apologies

"The bottom line is that I broke the rules," he wrote on Twitter. "I should've never accepted the help and I am deeply sorry for my actions."

Nacita went on to acknowledge that the "close family friend" who has provided his housing was merely an acquaintance from his hometown of Bakersfield, California, and that Baylor's compliance department had warned him of its concerns.

"At the time I did not think this was inappropriate behavior, but now I can see that I made a mistake by disregarding guidance from Baylor compliance on what benefits I may accept," Nacita wrote. "I take full responsibility for my choice to accept these inappropriate benefits."

Nacita had initially accused the NCAA of wrongfully punishing him for accepting housing and benefits while homeless in 2014. But his removal from the team this spring was a decision made by Baylor's compliance office when it determined he had made "rules violations that impacted his eligibility."

UCLA and NC State would have wiped the court with them

The same UCLA that lost to both Oregon schools on the same trip, and needed 3 OTs to subdue Dayton in the regionals?

NC State was the one school that was better than LB AND playing at their best that March.

However, as we have seen, in the NCAAT, anything can happen in one game.

Glenn McDonald could guard pretty much ANY wing player in the NCAA. David Thompson would have had an interesting challenge there. Yes, Burleson's height wound have been an issue since LB's tallest regular was the 6-9 Clifton Pondexter.