• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton meets with MLB officials about a disciplinary issue

SoWhat

Conviction for use of prohibited substances[edit]

• First offense: 15 to 30 day suspension and/or a fine of up to $10,000
  • Second offense: 30 to 90 day suspension and/or a fine of up to $50,000
  • Third offense: minimum one year suspension and/or a fine of up to $100,000
  • Fourth offense: minimum two year suspension
  • Any subsequent offense(s): The level of the discipline will be determined by the Office of the Commissioner, consistent with the concept of progressive discipline.

All suspensions are without pay.

Before some folks get their hopes up...

There is no language in the contract protecting the Angels from a relapse involving drugs or alcohol. But Hamilton must undergo three drug tests per week, and he is subject to penalties under baseball's joint drug program should he test positive.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/15/sports/la-sp-angels-josh-hamilton-20121216

Not sure what the hell Arte and Co. were thinking when they proposed this deal...

Let's not take shots at Hammy until we hear his side of the story.  Could be another part of this story brewing, or go up in smoke.

I in now way will take shots at Josh Hamilton if this is a drug related issue.  Addictions or PED use is just flat out sad.  

I will continue to take shots at Josh's contract and the fact that he is worthless.  

he more than likely falls into this category:

D. Failure to Comply with an Initial Evaluation or a Treatment Program A Player who is determined by the Treatment Board to have not complied with an Initial Evaluation or a Treatment Program for a Drug of Abuse (other than Marijuana, Hashish and Synthetic THC) will be subject to the discipline set forth below. If the Treatment Board determines that a Player refused to submit to an Initial Evaluation, or refused to participate in mandatory sessions with his assigned health professional, the Player will be subject to discipline for just cause by the Commissioner without regard to the progressive discipline schedule set forth below. For all other violations, the Player will be subject to the following discipline schedule: 1. First failure to comply: At least a 15-game but not more than a 25-game suspension; 2. Second failure to comply: At least a 25-game but not more than a 50-game suspension; 3. Third failure to comply: At least a 50-game but not more than a 75-game suspension; 4. Fourth failure to comply: At least a one-year suspension; and 5. Any subsequent failure to comply by a Player shall result in the Commissioner imposing further discipline on the Player. The level of the discipline will be determined consistent with the concept of progressive discipline. A Player on a Treatment Program for the use or possession of Marijuana, Hashish or Synthetic THC shall not be subject to suspension. A Player on a Treatment Program for Marijuana, Hashish or Synthetic THC who is determined by the Treatment Board to not have complied with his Treatment Program shall be subject to fines, which shall be progressive and which shall not exceed $35,000 for any particular violation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the Treatment Board concludes that a Player has demonstrated flagrant disregard for his Treatment Program, either by refusing to submit to an Initial Evaluation or by failing to comply with a Treatment Program, or if the Commissioner determines that the Player’s use of Marijuana, Hashish or Synthetic THC represents a threat to the safety of other Players, the Player shall be subjected to discipline for just cause by the Commissioner without regard to the limitations on discipline contained in this Section 7.D. In addition, any Player who participates in the sale or distribution (as those terms are used in the criminal code) of Marijuana, Hashish or Synthetic THC will be subject to the discipline set forth in Section 7.F below.

which means he's already failed four times.  

so it sounds like the FO knew about this before today. Which explains why 1) they didn't even set aside a locker for him in Tempe and 2) MS made those weird comments on the first day of ST about not knowing Hamilton's rehab plan or when he would report to camp.

Now you have to think Dipoto might have known about it when he traded for Matt Joyce.

cant believe some of the stuff i am reading on here

how about before we condemn we wait to hear what is going on

hope Josh is okay and if it s a relapse, i hope he gets the help he needs

enough with the Gloria Allred routine. Everyone hopes he gets the help he needs. But given the player and his past, it silly to think this is anything but a drug violation. And it's perfectly OK for fans to feel angry/frustrated/disappointed etc.

I don't know too much about Hamilton's suspension from baseball during 2003-05.  

I know that mlb drugs suspensions have changed.  Currently a fourth offense would mean a minimum two year suspension.  Are we to assume (yes I am aware that I assuming what is going on) that this is considered a fifth offense which the commish will now determine the penalty?