• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

President vetoes Keystone XL Pipeline bill

Obama is terrible for business and, by extension, job creation. Anyone who thinks otherwise should look at what his National Labor Relations Board has been doing the last few years. They are, literally, driving companies out of business with their radical prosecution of non-existent labor laws.

Obama might be good for other things (I guess he speaks better than Bush), but he is terrible for all things economic.

2.95 million jobs were created in 2014 with unemployment currently at 5.7.  

Historically, job creation has been better under Democrats than Republicans.  With the exception being Reagan's second term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms

this particular oil deposit comes from sand. that seems to be one of the major objections to this pipeline. it's expensive to remove oil from sand, and i think it's a pretty toxic process, iirc.

Not only is it a toxic process just to remove the oil from the sand, but also transporting the oil through pipes requires a mixture of chemical diluents.  What is in this mixture nobody knows because TransCanada refuses to give any details.  

What we do know is the original pipe leaked 12 times in its first year.  

Not all of it but this pipeline would be from the tar sands in Alberta.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But if it's from the Alberta province.  Wouldn't a pipeline to the Pacific be a shorter route?  Heck, even a pipeline to the Hudson is shorter.  Or is Canada actually smart, and they don't want an environmental disaster on their soil?

Here's a great rundown on the state impacts of the Keystone Pipeline

http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/tag/keystone-xl-pipeline/MT, you'll probably want to read this portion of the series, it's all about imminent domain.http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2012/04/19/lives-on-the-line-landowners-fight-keystone-xl-and-eminent-domain/

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But if it's from the Alberta province.  Wouldn't a pipeline to the Pacific be a shorter route?  Heck, even a pipeline to the Hudson is shorter.  Or is Canada actually smart, and they don't want an environmental disaster on their soil?

Bingo.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2.95 million jobs were created in 2014 with unemployment currently at 5.7.

Historically, job creation has been better under Democrats than Republicans. With the exception being Reagan's second term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms

That is silly. Now if you told me he created 2.9 million full time jobs I'd be pretty excited. What he's created is a need for another job since employers won't give more than 30 hours a week now. So we have a bunch of people working two part time jobs.

Wow maybe you should call the pipeline design engineers and let them know.

From an article on oil pipeline corrosion:

Problems can arise in stretches of pipeline that run at lower pressures. In these spots, water droplets can coalesce and fall out of the oil flow. They might inundate globs of sand or dirt that have also fallen out of the crude-oil mix and form a watery sludge on the edge of the pipe. Once a watery muck forms in one part of the pipe, the natural process of corrosion speeds up. The crude can also serve as a breeding ground for anaerobic bacteria, which form slimy, sulfur-producing colonies on the inside of the pipe.

How Does an Oil Pipeline Get Corroded?

The oil is going to be processed and it will get to the coast.  The question of spills and corrosion is something that should be negotiated between company and land owner.  

My largest issue with Obama on this is he will not even say why he wont sign it.  He has been stalling this for 5 years and doesn't have the balls to give any reasons.  He's a pussy.