• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

President vetoes Keystone XL Pipeline bill

I'm just curious about how the property rights lovers justify the eminent domain filing from a private company.

you act like property rights are a bad thing.  Might I introduce you to the fuedal system.  I'm sure you would have enjoyed serfdom.

For the record, I would be against any eminent domain claims on any private property.  Either the owner agrees to sell for fair market value or the find another route.

you act like property rights are a bad thing.  Might I introduce you to the fuedal system.  I'm sure you would have enjoyed serfdom.

For the record, I would be against any eminent domain claims on any private property.  Either the owner agrees to sell for fair market value or the find another route.

I'm not against private property but I think the idea that the fuedal system is the end result of any restriction is ridiculous. The Canadian oil company has already filed for eminent domain rights on privately owned land in Nebraska. That sentence alone should make any American cringe.

I'm not against private property but I think the idea that the fuedal system is the end result of any restriction is ridiculous. The Canadian oil company has already filed for eminent domain rights on privately owned land in Nebraska. That sentence alone should make any American cringe.

The Federal Government is already the largest land owner in the U.S. by a country mile.  They continue to infringe upon and remove private ownership every day.  I think we are already close to a type of fuedal system except instead of lords we get the feds.

Also, the Canadian oil company can go pound sand.  Eminent domain should never, ever be excercised for private gain and especially for private entities.  That was another really bad SCOTUS decision a few years back in NJ.

The Federal Government is already the largest land owner in the U.S. by a country mile.  They continue to infringe upon and remove private ownership every day.  I think we are already close to a type of fuedal system except instead of lords we get the feds.

Also, the Canadian oil company can go pound sand.  Eminent domain should never, ever be excercised for private gain and especially for private entities.  That was another really bad SCOTUS decision a few years back in NJ.

the us dept of the interior uses the guise of environmental concern to violate the property rights of landowners all over the west.

people that are against the pipeline, and typically fossil fuel in general must live in some kind of alternate universe where thier society and economic system is not petroleum based. my god, have a look at reality! i dont like poisoning the environment any better than the next guy but the reality is that stopping a pipeline or outlawing a tanker trains passage is not going to change the fact you will fill your car up to get to work sometime in the next two weeks.

the environmental lobby is nothing more than a group determined to relieve you of your money.

what kind of asshole wants to pay 8$/gal for gas?

What really pisses me off is how much time, money and energy they spend on fighting any kind of petroleum advances in this country instead of using those things to find alternate energy options.  Nobody, except oil companies, is going to complain if a brand new clean energy source is discovered and utilized.

What really pisses me off is how much time, money and energy they spend on fighting any kind of petroleum advances in this country instead of using those things to find alternate energy options.  Nobody, except oil companies, is going to complain if a brand new clean energy source is discovered and utilized.

Well, guess who has the time, money and energy to spend on fighting any kind of petroleum advances in this country?

So you were seriously saying that the Koch brothers are fighting against petroleum advances?

How do they do that and then turn around and spend boatloads trying to get the pipeline through?

I honestly misread your post. Haha!

And this was right after I told Kurt he was the king of incoherent rambling.

changing something on the order of how a society transfers itself from one place to another will take decades, if not centurys. stifling advances does nothing but delay a process thats takes too long to begin with.

people consistently engage in the wrong argument related to fossil fuel. whats wrong with encouraging advances in all energy sources? i have my own biased opinions, but we can all agree  our transportation problems will not be solved quickly.

Obama is terrible for business and, by extension, job creation. Anyone who thinks otherwise should look at what his National Labor Relations Board has been doing the last few years. They are, literally, driving companies out of business with their radical prosecution of non-existent labor laws.

Obama might be good for other things (I guess he speaks better than Bush), but he is terrible for all things economic.

Edited by wopphil

Also, the Canadian oil company can go pound sand. Eminent domain should never, ever be excercised for private gain and especially for private entities. That was another really bad SCOTUS decision a few years back in NJ.

Doesn't most Canadian oil come from sand?

Doesn't most Canadian oil come from sand?

this particular oil deposit comes from sand. that seems to be one of the major objections to this pipeline. it's expensive to remove oil from sand, and i think it's a pretty toxic process, iirc.

Energy independence, access to energy that seperates us from Russia, Venezuela and especially the middle east can only be good.  I don't see how that can be questioned.

Problem is this doesn't really help us be independent of those countries.  This is a private companies oil that will go into the global market once it hits the gulf.  On top of that this private company currently keeps its reserves in the Midwest, and this helps keep prices down in that region.  But if a pipeline is built those reserves will be drained and exported as well.  It will actually increase prices here in the US.